Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, stick with me here.

When Dixie had her puppies, I advertised them and even had a website. If anyone remembers, I ended up keeping 3 and giving away the other 4 to good homes, great homes!

2 are now showing in conformation and one has even won in the puppy class! The other made a second.

Anyway, this family I gave Blossom to, happens to be the daughter of my husbands boss.
I know her personally, to a degree, I know she loves her animals and takes very good care of them. This is why Blossom went there. (Remember, Blossom ate all the chickens!)
Anyway, she met this asshole, and he has moved in. Myhusbands boss today came up to my husband and said "Yeah, Jake came up to me yeaterday and told me that Blossom is a mix, not a real pitbull. She is taller and slimmer then a real pitbull, not short and wide!"

Hubby was appaled!he was like"Are you serious???"

Then he called me! SO, I in all my infinate wisdom :roll: head to a phone to call her. I tell her that the standard of the pitbull...........blah, blah, blah, and so on.

I come to the conclusion that this must have been a better litter then even I thought, as Blossom is very conformational and standard, and this "thug" of an asshole just seems to think the "real" pitbull is the short fat lowriders.

I happen to like a short stout pitbull, but what he had in mind was like a little fat bear/sharpei thing. NOT what I like, or even consider fairly calling a pitbull

Anyway, I dont know yet if her love is making her blind and oblivious, but hubby and I have offered to take her back, even pay them for any vet bills, immunizations and the UKC registration papers so that we can have her back. We have not heard yet, she actually acted as if she wouldnt consider it because she loves the dog, but NOW IM WORRIED!

We have agreed to stop in the day we get back from Alabama and our closing on our house, and try to talk them into giving her back. I will keep her if I have to, but am more interested in finding her another home if I have to.

hate this. All was going fine, all my pups are well taken care of, and dont get me wrong, she is too, however I hate this dude!

What would you do?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wait I'm confused.

The new boyfriend says the dog is not purebred, and you want to take the dog back from them?

I mean, did he say he didn't like the dog or that he only wanted to share his home with the dog if it's purebred?

I think I missed something... this is just a pet dog, right? Who cares whether they think it's a purebred or not? Are they going to mistreat it if it's a mix????

She said she loves the dog and would never get rid of it, right? So what's the problem if her boyfriend thinks the dog is not purebred?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Lizzie said:
She said she loves the dog and would never get rid of it, right? So what's the problem if her boyfriend thinks the dog is not purebred?
I think, And correct me if Im wrong, but I think she's concerned that this dog will eventually get dumped or abused/neglected if the boyfriend decides he doesn't want her around. In a perfect world, the woman would choose her dog over an arrogant man, but we all know the world is beyond perfect and that some people just get completly blinded by "love".

I applaude sajoseph for being willing to take back the pup and having offered to reimburse the woman for expences and such for caring for the pup up till now (or whenever).

·
Registered
655 Posts
Tinkerbell said:
Lizzie said:
I think, And correct me if Im wrong, but I think she's concerned that this dog will eventually get dumped or abused/neglected if the boyfriend decides he doesn't want her around. In a perfect world, the woman would choose her dog over an arrogant man, but we all know the world is beyond perfect and that some people just get completly blinded by "love".

I applaude sajoseph for being willing to take back the pup and having offered to reimburse the woman for expences and such for caring for the pup up till now (or whenever).
Aaaaaaaahhhhh I see.

I applaud sajoseph as well... being willing to take a dog back if things don't work out is completely admirable.

I just didn't completely understand the original post. Kudos to you for caring what becomes of a puppy after it leaves your possession. :thumbright: Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the most common practice.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, what she said!

I am worried that the boyfriend will constantly talk his smack, whether to her, the kids, or friends, that "She was given this "showdog" and it aint even a "real" pitbull. You know, he must have this macho complex that he needs a tough looking brick house to walk around with to show off with, like making up for something he is lacking personally.

I emailed over pics of Matrix dogs, as when I see her, she reminds me more of that build, and also gave her links to prove to him that she is pure, and is standard, and that his idea is NOT standard.

I am actually very proud of her, I had no idea, I hadnt seen her in alittle over a month, I have talked to family regarding how she is, just checking on her, but not actually seen her.

If I had her back, Id show her to start with, this way any future homes would know what her purpose is, and if she wins anything, they'd know they were getting a show worthy puppy.

I will get a pic or two of her in the next few days after I get back, you'll be amazed too!

My contract stated on all the pups, either s/n each one or prove show intentions, which this lady has started to do, a few have been s/n. ALSO, they could never profit from selling the dog, they could never rehome the dog, it ALWAYS has to come back to me including but not limited to:health problems if any arise, temperment problems, etc. I will take any pup back at any time, even 10 years down the road! I have to be notified if they move, which one family has, I have adress and email already!

These pups meant and mean the entire world to me, and not only do I worry and fuss over the ones I have, but I also constantly try to keep in touch and give advice to the other owners out there!

I do not see keeping her for very long though, maybe just long enough to show once or twice, but I would HAVE to rehome her. I mean, I have the room at my new home, however, she was the MAJOR ALPHA bitch, and boy they all knew it. I am afraid with our routines and what she is used to, everyone might not clash so well. She ruled when she was here, nobody could make a move w/out her approvement, and there would most likely be jealousy or alpha role misunderstandings. Id crate and rotate until she were rehomed. But at least now at her age, I can try and prove her so she will go to a serious passionate family that had a purpose for her.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Oh what a crock of you know what! U should take your pup back! The lady who bought your pup should know it takes awhile for them to fill out a little. My Legend is tall and slim compared to my dads dog who is alot older then him and has fully grown. I hope this lady doesnt try to "fatten" Blossom up just b/c of this new @$$hole!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like the dude is confused he likes olde english bulldogs not american pit bull terriers. :diabloanifire: :diabloanifire: :diabloanifire:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts