Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So cute I can't stand it.

She's still not eating very well, so she's still skin & bones. Going to the vet today! I'm guessing she probably has worms too. Most puppies do. Her spay incision is looking fine, no redness, no drainage. I'll ask about it being lumpy like that, but I'm sure it's just from the layers healing underneath.

Can you tell she's a shy girl from the photos? She's sooo mellow and laid back. She hasn't barked yet, I've only heard her whimper for a few seconds when I leave for work. You almost forget she's there, she doesn't make a peep. She will quietly play by herself, or else she's snuggling up to you and sleeping. She likes to bury her nose in the crook of my neck or the crook of my elbow. She's sooo loving. Still very timid, sometimes she's not sure whether to run to you or away from you. I know, I know.. not great qualities for you working dog people, but she's a family pet. It's a welcome change after having Heaven, who's loud, bold, in-your-face hyper, on the go nonstop...(I wouldn't have her any other way though) then Koa who is a big, clumbsy brute who doesn't know his own strength and practically knocks you over showing his love...LOL! (Again, a great big baby that I wouldn't change a bit).. Now I have my sweet little angel who is just so quiet and delicate and sweet.

And having my 2nd female, I gotta say they are just easier to train. I am not kidding, Nala has only had 2 accidents so far, and I caught her in the middle of both of them and took her outside. I've been on top of it. I've sacrificed so much sleep to take her outside every 2-4 hours around the clock. She is already almost potty trained and it's been less than a week. I want to teach her the "bell" method too. I might start that soon. She is so receptive to praise. You'd think this girl has never known love until she found me. She gets so excited over "good girl!!" that I don't even need to use treats.

Now... if I can just fatten her up and get her to eat. :D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
oh my gosh, she really is sooooo precious!! I love when she finally has her ears forward in the last few pictures.

Hows it going with her heaven and koa?

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kate said:
oh my gosh, she really is sooooo precious!! I love when she finally has her ears forward in the last few pictures.

Hows it going with her heaven and koa?
LOL, I know, she always has those ears folded back. That's her "shy" face.

Heaven and Koa are kind of unpredictable. I will only let them see her through the fence for now. They spend most of the day outside, when she's indoors with me, and at night she's upstairs with me while they're downstairs. (I am creating a bad habit letting her sleep in my bed.) They will sometimes get all happy to see her, and it's all kisses and love through the fence. But then out of no where Heaven will get snappy. Then Koa gets mad at her and starts picking on her to make her leave the puppy alone. I think Koa really likes Nala and wants to play, but he's just too big. He probably weighs 60-65 pounds now, and the little peanut weighs 11 pounds. One step on her, and he'd smoosh her. So I am keeping them separate. One of these days when she's bigger, I will try to let them play, but I have a feeling Heaven will keep her attitude since they're both female. Not a big deal, I'm having no troubles at all keeping them separated. Nala goes out the front door to potty, H & K are in the back yard. I hope for harmony some day, but it's not a necessity.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
She has a little white goatee! Just when you think she cant get cuter. Was she abused or just neglected? (Can you imagine doing either to her?)

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cannon said:
She has a little white goatee! Just when you think she cant get cuter. Was she abused or just neglected? (Can you imagine doing either to her?)
Well the other pups they picked up in that area were used as bait dogs, and the adults were fighters. (They had to leave the adults behind for obvious reasons.) I'm thinking that either someone was mean to her to try and make HER mean, or they scared the $hit out of her somehow. She was never fed or shown love, that's for sure!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
what about maybe having heaven and koa meet her again seperately with the fence inbetween and then maybe koa side by side on a walk..... but your right about her being so small, obviously when shes gained some weight and you are for sure shes healthy and has some more confidence

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
cannon said:
Well the other pups they picked up in that area were used as bait dogs, and the adults were fighters. (They had to leave the adults behind for obvious reasons.) I'm thinking that either someone was mean to her to try and make HER mean, or they scared the $hit out of her somehow. She was never fed or shown love, that's for sure!
That's so sad...I shudder just thinking of all that crap happening! She's too cute, how could someone think of doing something like that?!?!?

She's adorable! Looks very much like a baby seal when she has her ears pulled back! (roxy gives me that sad look when she's done something bad, I know it all too well!)

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I was thinking of you this weekend, wondering how she was doing. She may end up getting along with Heaven, as long as Heaven is dominant and Nala is submissive. Hope it works out. She is adorable. You just have a knack for finding the cutest pups. :D

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Sad. Someone recently posted something to the effect of 'The more people I meet, the more I love dogs'. So true. I'm rooting for the little peanut of love to make a fast recovery!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cannon said:
Sad. Someone recently posted something to the effect of 'The more people I meet, the more I love dogs'. So true. I'm rooting for the little peanut of love to make a fast recovery!
LOL, yeah I think it was Erica. I used to have that as my headline on MySpace! :lol: It's a very true statement when you think about it. Dogs are so loyal and love you unconditionally... humans are the most vicious.

Speaking of vicious.. someone asked me if Nala was "vicious" after I said what her breed was. I felt like saying, "Look at her, you F-ing moron." How can anyone ask me such a dumb question. Instead, I just said, "Umm, she's 2 mos old, NO she's not vicious."

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
trina, she is so precious.... i'm so happy you rescued her.... i think all will work out with Heaven and the peanut... let them get used to each other a little more otherwise it might create resentment that Nala is upstairs with mommy while we're downstairs..

just a thought!!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
snarky said:
trina, she is so precious.... i'm so happy you rescued her.... i think all will work out with Heaven and the peanut... let them get used to each other a little more otherwise it might create resentment that Nala is upstairs with mommy while we're downstairs..

just a thought!!
I don't think they even realize she is upstairs. They're too busy playing with my son or acting like crazed lunatics to realize there's a little pipsqueak sleeping upstairs! LOL

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
Speaking of vicious.. someone asked me if Nala was "vicious" after I said what her breed was. I felt like saying, "Look at her, you F-ing moron." How can anyone ask me such a dumb question. Instead, I just said, "Umm, she's 2 mos old, NO she's not vicious."

12) TRY SAYING: Excuse me, sir?
INSTEAD OF: Eat sh__ and die. :wink:

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LifeIsDaPits said:
I don't remember you mentioning it, but how did your son react to the new little puppy?
Oh yeah, I forgot to write about that! Well I had her sitting in the front seat of the car when my son walked up. He looked inside the window and just got this big smile on his face. He assumed she was another foster and said, "Is she just visiting?" I said, "No, we're keeping this one." His smile just got bigger. He asked what her name was, and I said "Nala." And he looked up at his dad and said, "Remember that was the name of the dog I wanted at the shelter?!" Apparently his dad had taken him to an animal shelter and he saw a dog there that he wanted, but they couldn't get her. So he was very happy about that. He loves her. She's still a mama's girl though. :wink:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
OMG Trina she is cutest little thing.I just love her coloring.She has the cutest god darn face.
I think have a puppy crush on your pup.....LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts