Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, rocky has been experiencing a problem lately that is really worrying me. My AB has been getting a mixture of red scabs and little bumped up spots (they look like mini welts) on his legs (both inside and outside) and belly. They don't appear to itch or hurt, and do not appear infected or smelly. Originally I thought it was because my fiancé didn't get all the shampoo out of his fur... but since then, I've rinsed him two times and have began applying a skin care spray that I picked up at the pet store (it is supposed to enhance the skins healing process and sooth/protect irritated skin). Nothing is working! If anything, it is getting worse. I don’t know what it could be, and I wont be able to get a hold of a vet until tomorrow... and then they wont tell me over the phone so I will have to wait a week to figure it out... I'm just really worried about my baby. If anyone suspects that they know what is going on please let me know...

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
85 Posts
well my dog tank was getting some little scaps looked like blood but it wasnt. some rough hard spots on his skin (bumbs) and also a we3t spot took him to the vet and found it it was hot spots gave me some medication and its practically all gone :)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I've seen a few people here mention that their dogs would get em and when they changed the food they fed em, it went away. What brand of food are you feeding him? I don't think it's this, but you never know.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Orson has had the same problem off and on all his life (he's 14 months), he would get
these red bumps all over his inner legs and belly and chest. They were really red, like
irritated pimples and would come on suddenly, and then turned into scabs. They never bothered him,
no pain or itch, just looked un-pleasant. Don't worry too much, my vet would put Orson
on Keflex (anti-biotic) to clear the bumps up. They suggested he was allergic to something,
but of course they couldn't tell me what...said alot of dogs are just on and off Keflex all their lives!!
I switched Orson's food to DVP duck/potato for allergies and he hasn't had any more red bumps, the
only time it has happened in a month was when he rolled around in wet grass (so that is what leads me
to believe it's allergic reactions).
But if your dog isn't in pain and not itching, don't freak out...most bullies have skin irritations but it's not mange(that itches).
Take him to vet and they will treat his scabs with anti-biotics and the bumps will clear.
Hopefully it's just allergies, sounds exactly what was wrong with my dog!!
Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
re: OrsonDogge

WHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW! OMG that makes me feel so much better knowing that it could be something as simple as an alergy! It sounds like your dog had the exact same symptoms as rocky. For a minute I thought that he was going to die or something... I know i sound a little extreme, but I've never had dogs before - so sometimes I just dont have a clue! LOL. Thanks a whole lot, :D

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
It took me a while, but I went back and read through this entire board...
post after post and there are ALOT. :shock: But I learned soooo much about my bully!!
If it wasn't for this board, Orson would still be on anti-biotics and i would have
never learned that bullies were so skin sensitive and have a terrible time
with allergies. I found lots of the dogs on here have had similar skin problems with bumps and shedding...
I thought Orson was a freak for shedding so much...but it's just the breed.
The good advice on here as been a life saver! Try the food change, could be exactly
what he needs...still go get anti-biotics for his scabs, sometimes those red bumps turn into
a staph infection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.