Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what you all think about breeding a Pit Bull with an American Bulldog???

I don't want this to cause bickering I really would like to hear opinions...just remeber they are opinions and we should respect what others think!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am just curious...thinking ahead to the way future, possibly. I just have heard all different things...that you should not do that to the American bulldog breed...Would be great looking dogs...I have heard both ends. Just looking to see what others on here have to say!

·
Registered
143 Posts
cfhoftampa said:
I was wondering what you all think about breeding a Pit Bull with an American Bulldog???
Already been done.
www.blackchamps.com

cfhoftampa said:
I don't want this to cause bickering I really would like to hear opinions...
Kinda sorta like a double edged sword. You have old school enthusiasts of the AB and APBT and any talk of intervening/mixing of the breed is a no-no and completely ludicrous. Then there's folks that say otherwise and take the assets of both breeds in hopes of creating a new breed/trend.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
AllAmericanPUP said:
It shouldnt be done. It creates a mutt and there is absolutely no point to it.
Who cares if it creates a nice lookin dog...that doesnt mean diddly....nice lookin dogs die in shelters every single day
I hope you realize my post was meant to be sarcastic... :oops:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Kasco said:
AllAmericanPUP said:
It shouldnt be done. It creates a mutt and there is absolutely no point to it.
Who cares if it creates a nice lookin dog...that doesnt mean diddly....nice lookin dogs die in shelters every single day
I hope you realize my post was meant to be sarcastic... :oops:
:lol: i know, i was posting in reference to cfhoftampa saying
I am just curious...thinking ahead to the way future, possibly. I just have heard all different things...that you should not do that to the American bulldog breed...Would be great looking dogs...I have heard both ends. Just looking to see what others on here have to say!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand how you feel about her situation...I am not asking breeding advice or if you think I should..I am simply asking what are the opinioons on crossing the breeds??? Not about what I am going to do.

Sorry for the misunderstanding...maybe it was a bad time to ask...I just thought that we all could ask questions here...right???

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
E-Dogg said:
cfhoftampa said:
Already been done.
www.blackchamps.com

cfhoftampa said:
Kinda sorta like a double edged sword. You have old school enthusiasts of the AB and APBT and any talk of intervening/mixing of the breed is a no-no and completely ludicrous. Then there's folks that say otherwise and take the assets of both breeds in hopes of creating a new breed/trend.

Black champs are badass. Especially Jedi the first gen

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Champ_and_jas said:
E-Dogg said:
cfhoftampa said:
Already been done.
www.blackchamps.com

cfhoftampa said:

Black champs are badass. Especially Jedi the first gen

Also Blackchamp bloodline was bred to put another color in AB's
I think they are awsome dogs especially New generations came.Check ou the site its interesting

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
wHATS WRONG WITH YOU TAMPA GIRL??dIDN'T YOU READ THAT HORRIBLE POST THAT SAJOSEPH WROTE???(HEHAHAHEHAH)

ANYWAY, MY SASSY IS PART APBT AND PART AMERICAN BULLDOG. I WILL SEND YOU A PIC OF HER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ONE ALREADY. SHE IS CUTE. SHE'S GOT THE AB"BOOT LIP" AND THE REST LOOKS PITBULL.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I was wondering what you all think about breeding a Pit Bull with an American Bulldog??i will amswer the question.i think it is a tool for working dogs.it should not be done for looks.the dogs have acommon ancestery.the differance imo is the pit has terrier blood.the american bulldog may have mastiff&cur,pit blood im only refering to pure standard ab's (not johnson)they have a different purpose maybe.im a hog hunter and have crossed ab(osw/white english) with pit (not amstaff)many times. it ads fire to the ab and it ads size to the pit,thats all...rs

·
Registered
720 Posts
E-Dogg said:
cfhoftampa said:
Already been done.
www.blackchamps.com

cfhoftampa said:
Lichthardt has been mixing pitbull in his lines for along time, I have seen this guys dogs work on another forum that got shut down for some reason, his dogs hit hard are fast and have an extremely hard bite...and if your dog has less than 1/8 pitbull blood line you can still register it through the ABA and ADBA. I for one am thinking about doing it myself to get some pups with alittle bit more speed and agility! If you breed the right dogs they will be awesome but if you breed 2 gumpy looking dogs like the ones pictured underneath then expect to have gumpy puppies...AKA MUTS!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.