Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay! Got it today. Will post training pics over the weekend!!Yay!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Is it a weightpull harness?
What company did you get it from because the only one I know isn't taking anymore orders right now.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it from Tablerock Harnesses.

The one I got was for Dixie. Even though Cato fits in it now (60lbs!) it is a regular wp harness, where the one I got for Cato and Chocy are puppy harnesses, and are adjustable so I do not have to order a new one until they are ready for real weight, because it will adjust to their sizes as they grow. In the end, I size it on them, send it back and they send me it back along with a custom made one for actual WP!!!

Yay, now I am looking at it and trying to figure it out, it is alittle different then Dixies.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
That's awesome, what print did you get?

Whenever my next pit finds me (hopefully a blue boy) I want to eventually get him a blue camo print one.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a bright red one. So pretty.

I am having trouble with it though, because it is adjustable, I am having a hard time with it.

I tried last night on Dixie, because she was the only one who would stand to let me try, the others were like"I wanna go, I wanna go, whats this???" the whole time and I wasnt accomplishing anything. Dixie just stodd and let me try.

There are so many places to adjust, which is a good thing, but man, confusing!

They are sending me instructions today, so I will try again tonite.

I have a busy weekend, an appraiser is coming Monday and I have got to get the house and yard in tip top condition over the weekend. When I get a chance though, I will work on it and post pics!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No pics yet. Every day by the time I get home from work, it is storming like cray. When it finally stops, we have standing water from all the rain lately and it is impossible to get them to go outside and train!ERRRR!I am getting aggrevated too!

Cant do it in the house, because of distractions. Im working on it.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pups were out front w/ no leash one at a time, and attached to a harness, they werent going anywheres attached to the harness, there were several people in the yard, they were contained.

Sass was out front w/ no leash because she is blind, and deaf, and stays right at someones side at all times.

They were under control.

DO NOT take this thread and turn it around, you do not know my situation, and you do not need to assume anything!

I have never had any related emergency or off leash incident, or even close to one because I AM a responsible dog owner.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
umm, two dogs, on the front lawn, no leashs, no collars in what is obviously a residential area does not equal being responsible in my book. i won't even get into the fact that they are pitbull and the general public phobia that would come along with having them loose on the front lawn. the puppy is learning to weightpull, yes? then he/she should have a leash AND collar on so no accidents happen

·
Registered
724 Posts
sajoseph said:
The pups were out front w/ no leash one at a time and attached to a harness, they werent going anywheres attached to the harness, there were several people in the yard, they were contained.

DO NOT take this thread and turn it around, you do not know my situation, and you do not need to assume anything!

I have never had any related emergency or off leash incident, or even close to one because I AM a responsible dog owner.
The situation? What is the situation? Being out front w/ out a leash on. That is the "situation" I see!
And you may not have had any off leash emergencies as of yet ... but why continue to take the risk??

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I agree.

Was there something wrong with the back yard? Isn't it fenced in? Seems like that would be a better place to practice?

Besides, not only is it dangrous and a liability to have dogs (especially pit bulls) unleased and uncollared in the front yard of a residential neighbourhood, but isn't a leash necessary in the beginning stages of WP training anyways? I am no expert in wieght pull, but I am pretty sure the few times I tried it with Rosco I did it on leash.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah there are a few things wrong in the pic, like the chopper parked on the sidewalk and the truck parked on the wrong side of the street in the wrong direction

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with the pups being off leash in the front yard. I have a pitbull and he listens better off leash then he does on leash!! He's very well socialized with dogs and people and does not pay attention to other dogs. So I think if he/she can keep their dogs under control off leash on their property then thats fine. :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts