Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's ok now. But she had very bloody stools. It was almost all blood. Scared the wits out of me. Parvo test came back neg. She was neg for worms. But they sent home Dewormer anyways. For her and buddy. She was due to get shots yesterday, but we held off on that. she's got some kind of gastro something. The vet said that stress can cause tummy upset. The good and bad bacteria in the bowls get upset with stress. She's been through a lot. She's on meds. She's also on a rice and boiled chicken diet. She loves it. Poor girl just can't get a break! But I'm glad she's all healed from her spay. I am not sure how long she's on the diet though. I guess until she has normal stools. Hopefully it will clear up all the way soon.

Her and buddy are loose in the house finally. They are getting along well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Poor girl! Brodie has issues with people food, and it seems to start a vicious cycle of throwing up, then bloody stool until we take away all food/water for 12 hours, which calms his stomach down, and then he is fine again until he gets into something again.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah stress from being at the shelter, then spay and a new home. She's fitting in great though & doing very well. She was terroizing the cat this morning, and running around playing with Buddy. Much better than how she felt yesterday. :D She's been bugging me all day to take her out, then she doesn't go... :roll: She loves to be outside sniffing everything. Since she's all healed now, and she'll be out of her crate most of the time, we'll get to know her a lot better. I'm looking forward to starting training with her. she seems to be smart, so she should do ok with learning. I just didn't want to start too much with her until she was healed from her spay.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I think Buddy is happy to have a playmate. They are still getting used to the idea of being around each other full time, It's only been 2 days since she's been allowed out with Buddy not on lead. It's funny they will play for a while then ignore each other. I'm not real sure yet on which one is "top dog" so far they are about even with things. Niether is fussing over who goes out the door 1st or who's in front while walking them together. They both roll over belly up for each other. I guess that's a good thing. :wink: I'll post a few pics in a little bit.

·
Super Moderator
16,008 Posts
snarky said:
wow, i've never heard anything about stress causing blood in the stool.

poor you, i bet you were frightened... i'm glad she and you are doing much better!

About 5 years ago we had the worst thunder and lightening storm we have ever had.
It scared everyone of us. It was in the middle of the night and we all came out to the
living room wrapped up in blankets because it was so scarey. Holly, the Springer Spaniel,
got so scared that she freaked out. I had to wrap her up and cover her face and she was
still scared to death. By the next morning she was having a really bad case of diarreha
and there was alot of blood mixed in with it. We took her to the vet and found she got
herself so stressed out that it caused this problem. He put her on meds and the bland
chicken and rice diet. She did fine and it did not take any time for her to heal up. To this
day she cannot go through a storm without shaking and jumping up in your face for you
to protect her. Give Misty extra hugs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.