Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutly to no end hat eit when someone posts asking for advice because their two bullys are nipping due to jealousy, or nipping the owner, or fighting over food, or something of the sort, and all the other members reply with "Put it down!" immediatly. No questions, they assume the bully is aggressive and there is no training it!

Then what I hate more??????Someone who posts questions like this, then either take the dog to a shelter, put the dog down, whatever....but goes and gets another one! Rinse, repeat several times!!!

Just got done surfing another forum, and was appaled!

I think Ill stay here!

Thanks, just wanted to vent.....

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
WOW :shock: That was their solution WOW :shock: Tora wouldn't have made it the 1st week :cry: Proud to say with a little correction we don't have those problems anymore....Puppies bite it is up to us to teach them not to :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
9 Posts
sajoseph said:
I absolutly to no end hat eit when someone posts asking for advice because their two bullys are nipping due to jealousy, or nipping the owner, or fighting over food, or something of the sort, and all the other members reply with "Put it down!" immediatly. No questions, they assume the bully is aggressive and there is no training it!

pregunta mas estupida, but what forum was that?

·
Registered
74 Posts
people like that shouldn't own dogs.

As some here might have read, I have 2 dogs right now that attack on site. We have doen everything we could to curb this, from getting them both professionally obedience trained, to getting them involved in dog sports to occupy their minds. Nothing worked, both are fine with other dogs for the most part, just hate each other. It would be alot easier on my wife and i to just take the younger one to a shelter or put an ad out in the paper, instead we keep them separate(which is quite difficult in my house). However, there is no way I could bring myself to get rid of either of them. I raised the dogs from puppies and take full responsiblity for what they are. We knew full well going into this it had the potential to get as bad as it is, while we never expected it, we still knew the potential was there. Too many people get a dog, just to say they have it, and be seen with it or whatever and don't put the time and effort which is necessary into making it a good dog.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
sajoseph said:
Then what I hate more??????Someone who posts questions like this, then either take the dog to a shelter, put the dog down, whatever....but goes and gets another one! Rinse, repeat several times!!!

I think Ill stay here!

Thanks, just wanted to vent.....
What do you mean you were on another site and you were appauled? If I'm not mistaken, there have been quite a few cases on this forum lately where people get rid of an aggressive dog and then get another one. Not only do they get another one but they cower away from fixing the initial problem and just "hope" they don't have the same issues with the new one.

People treat dogs like cars. Broken down, get a new one. IMO, people should try to fix the issues with their initial dog instead of pawning them of on someone else. Now the new owners get to deal with someones poor judgement.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Family of 5 said:
What do you mean you were on another site and you were appauled? If I'm not mistaken, there have been quite a few cases on this forum lately where people get rid of an aggressive dog and then get another one. Not only do they get another one but they coward away from fixing the initial problem and just "hope" they don't have the same issues with the new one.

I was surprised when I read that she wasn't talking about this board. I'm not sure how you've missed it, but the same stuff that "appauled" you on another board is happening right here on this board. Don't act so shocked.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know I have seen it here a well, but this set me off when I saw it AGAIN! ESPECIALLY recently!

I just didnt want to rehash.....

But it makes me sick!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts