Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 100lb white american bulldog. He's my buddy and love him to death, even though I'm sure he's still mad for me neutering him....

Anyway, my GF and I have decided to move in and she owns a female pit bull puppy which she just got a few weeks ago. What should I expect?

·
Registered
886 Posts
put your ambull on a leash so you can control him, then bring the pit bull baby in (holding it) and calmly introduce the two, and if your ambull shows any signs of anger (hackles up, pokeing his chest out, growling, any of that no mater if his tale is wagging) correct him. Just slowly let the two mingle, and never leave them alone together.

If you introduce them right, they should be fine with eachother.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Even if the two immediately become soulmates and the bestest of friends, just keep an eye and leash on them at all times.

Crate and rotate until the dogs figureout a system for themselves.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can expect...

your girlfriend to redecorate your place "tastefully" because you now officially have none. Oh, and your favorite plastic cup and beer mug collection, it's history. And that excellent sailing boat painting over the big screen-it's gone. Say bye-bye to your table and lamps, and don't forget your walk-in closet. 25% is now yours. So you'll be moving your stuff into the spare bedroom closet. Let's see, what else?

I'm getting a headache,

jackie flashback

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
put your ambull on a leash so you can control him, then bring the pit bull baby in (holding it) and calmly introduce the two, and if your ambull shows any signs of anger (hackles up, pokeing his chest out, growling, any of that no mater if his tale is wagging) correct him. Just slowly let the two mingle, and never leave them alone together.

So you think even if your dog is dog-aggressive, you can introduce them to a puppy and and eventually they will get along?
Just curious, one day might want to get another dog.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want to know that as long as we introduce them slowly and easily they will eventually get along....hopefully. I don't buy into all that pit bull are vicious animals nonsense. I know they have an aggressive nature about them but I think a lot of the blame comes to the owner. My bulldog is probably one of the biggest softies you'll ever see.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Re: You can expect...

Jackie said:
your girlfriend to redecorate your place "tastefully" because you now officially have none. Oh, and your favorite plastic cup and beer mug collection, it's history. And that excellent sailing boat painting over the big screen-it's gone. Say bye-bye to your table and lamps, and don't forget your walk-in closet. 25% is now yours. So you'll be moving your stuff into the spare bedroom closet. Let's see, what else?

I'm getting a headache,

jackie flashback[/quote

that's good, but seriously if you do it slowly and always keep an eye on them they should be ok my brother has 2 pits about a year apart and they are fine

·
Registered
288 Posts
however,

you'll never be lonely, she'll cook her butt off for you. They love to do your laundry, really. They want to control the money, but a good one will allow you a beer allowance. And on Xmax they'll decorate the tree. You just have to take care of the outside. This is a year round job. That's about it.

jackie

here for the people, all the people.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
OrsonDogge said:

So you think even if your dog is dog-aggressive, you can introduce them to a puppy and and eventually they will get along?
Just curious, one day might want to get another dog.
Yup it can be done! My GSD(Tasha) is extremely dog aggressive. She didnt want anything to do with Legend(my APBT) for the first two weeks. But on Christmas day she started playing with him. Now Tasha and Legend are partners in crime they do just about everything together! lol

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
My GSD(Tasha) is extremely dog aggressive. She didnt want anything to do with Legend
Did she just ignore him or aggressive.
Orson is really aggressive to other dogs around me and i think he would hurt any dog/puppy I bring home. (although he plays with dogs when i board him). :?
I have heard that dog-aggressive dogs will do better around a puppy.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Re: You can expect...

Jackie said:

I'm getting a headache,

jackie flashback
:lol: He is right you know :lol: I did everything on that list to Craig :lol: My office is his Tivo/Georgia bulldogs/poker/comics room so I am not all that bad?Right :lol:

On topic: I agree tail wagging can mean nothing more than excitement and it maynot be the lovie dovie kind....never trust the two of them a lone together but the fact that it is opposite sexes helps a lot.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
OrsonDogge said:
My GSD(Tasha) is extremely dog aggressive. She didnt want anything to do with Legend
Did she just ignore him or aggressive.
Orson is really aggressive to other dogs around me and i think he would hurt any dog/puppy I bring home. (although he plays with dogs when i board him). :?
I have heard that dog-aggressive dogs will do better around a puppy.
When I first brought Legend in the house Tasha was excited that there was a baby in the house. But then 10 minutes later when she noticed there wasnt anyone with Legend. She started ignoring him. So for the first 2 weeks I had to watch them together very carefully. The moment Tasha thought he was alone she would go for him.(she couldnt see me but was near) But of course once I said "No!" she would walk away. It does take time for them to get use to the new pup. Tasha's extremely dog aggressive when I'm around or Legends around. Legend's the second dog I've ever seen her play with. Tasha can be very jealous at times. I didnt think it was going to work out. But on Christmas Day they played together for the first time. If you decide to bring a puppy home do it on neutral territory such as a park and have Orson on a leash and you hold the puppy. And try and walk Orson alot before hand. and always make sure Orson gets everything first. First to eat first to go out, first to come in etc. Oh by the way Orson's so cute! I loved his video of him dancing! :D

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Oh by the way Orson's so cute! I loved his video of him dancing!
Oh, thank you! :D

I hope i'm not going off topic by my questions about Orson...but I think this will help with the question on intro a new dog to home.
Since Tasha is dog aggressive, do you think if you brought a adult dog home she would have freaked?

Like i said Orson does play with dogs...when i am not around.
Is his aggression just telling other dogs "get away from her, she's mine"
or is he just mean?? I havent figured it out :?
He's also aggressive to deer, chickens, horses, goats (on tv and in real life), but loves cats! I wonder if that is because he doesnt know what they are and is scared.

Anyways...maybe i need to make a new thread about what makes dog aggressive dogs tick? :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts