Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you go about finding a good vet? I need to swich vets since I have now found mine sucks. I fond out that the dip they gave me was to be given 1 per week for 7 weeks. they told me and wrote on the med. bottle 2.5cc's in a gallon water,once a day for 7 days!!!!!!!! so CC got 1 mo. of med in 4 days!!!!!! I'm so pissed but I don't know what to do but find a new vet.if anyone is in the Pgh. pa aria and knows of another good vet Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That's a really tough question. I find the best way is to talk to pet owners in your area. Good word of mouth is one way to go. Whenever your on a walk or even when you are alone but see somebody with a dog (or you know they have one) just ask them who they go to and if they've had any problems, how are they with diagnosing, have they ever misdiagnosed, do they try to push products they sell, are they truly in it for the love of the animals, etc...

This world wide web is a great way to talk to people and find good vets. I live in a rural area and I have found good vets (although I look for a holistic vet, which can be harder to find) in my area through email lists and websites. Google, it can be your best friend!

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I have to agree with Care - ask your friends and neighbors who they use and if they are happy with them. You could also swing by Petsmart on a Saturday, and ask the rescue people there who they like. I personally have about 5 vets offices on speed-dial, and can tell you who I like at each one. :D

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
what about the breeder, where did you get Cookie from? maybe they will have some insight.

that's what i did for Baylee

also, i found a website that will list breeders by breed, i'll have to find it again and post the link. :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is some wonderful advise, and I have to agree with asking a local breeder. I can tell you what I did, and I feel lucky to have found the vet I found. I moved to a new city last year and had one VERY negative experience with the first vet I found here, so before I brought home by new puppy, I went online and found reputable breeders that lived close to me. Bull breeds would be best, but good breeders of any breed can point you to vets in your area that are good. They can also tell you which vets to stay far away from. I have an OEB, so I found an EB breeder, and she told me exactly where to go. I have been very pleased with the outcome. :)

·
Super Moderator
16,023 Posts
atoyball said:
There is some wonderful advise, and I have to agree with asking a local breeder. I can tell you what I did, and I feel lucky to have found the vet I found. I moved to a new city last year and had one VERY negative experience with the first vet I found here, so before I brought home by new puppy, I went online and found reputable breeders that lived close to me. Bull breeds would be best, but good breeders of any breed can point you to vets in your area that are good. They can also tell you which vets to stay far away from. I have an OEB, so I found an EB breeder, and she told me exactly where to go. I have been very pleased with the outcome. :)
Terrific suggestion. Another idea would be to go to the local dog park in your area and poll the people walking their dogs. Eventually , one name will keep popping up - try that one. It may be the same name as the breeders recommended. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.