Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He will not listen to my husband...I can ask Pete to do whatever in a nice calm quiet voice and he will (usually) do it. But when Rob asks him, he is ignored. So Rob raises his voice, still ignored. Then he yells and Petey will make an effort. It drives me nuts. I know this dog doesn't have hearing problems, so why must Rob yell to get him to do anything? :evil:

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Petey doesn't respect Rob and its probably because he doesn't enforce any commands he gives him. Why would a dog be given more than one command without a correction? By doing that you are teaching the dog it does not have to listen. ONE command should be given, followed by a correction if the dog does not respond to the command. (that is assuming the dog understands what you are asking of it) that will give you more realiability and Petey would respect Rob more. My guess is that it was you who did the training with your dog?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.