Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was lying on the couch today with Zeus, he was sleeping beside me and sharing the armrest as usual. He got up and moved to the bottom of the couch which was not unusual. While he was sleeping he started to gasp for air and was panting heavily. I lifted his lip and noticed the white/blue color and that he wasn't responding. I grabbed a blanket and and a friend and I placed him on it and carried him to the car. On the way to the Vet I noticed he stopped breathing and his tongue was hanging out. The vet ran out of the clinic and checked his pulse and pupils and confirmed that he was dead. The vet checked him for bloat with a needle and came to the conclusion that he must have had a heart attack, stroke or aneurism. I'm still in shock at this point as it was so sudden. I have had allot of support from friends and family but it still hurts allot. My house renovations are starting Monday and my plans were to buy a house close to work with a large lot for him run free. He would have turned seven in December which is way to young. I will miss him immensely, he was one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met. R.I.P. Zeus, I will never forget you :cry:

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
I know I already told you on FB, but again, I am so sorry Paul. I cried my eyes out earlier today and I guess I will do so again. I know words can't stop the pain and I so dread the day this comes to my boy. RIP Zeus run free @ the Rainbow Bridge sweet dog! My heart is broken for you.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Same as above...I know I told you earlier, but I'll tell you again...Zeus was a special boy, and it's so hard to see the doggies that Atticus "grew up with" go. There are a group of us that share a special bond for being in the right time/place together, and I will always cherish Zeus. Much love to you tonight.

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
Oh Paul, this is so tragic. Zeus was a wonderful dog. I am just stunned that
this has happened this way. As Adrienne said, we have shared these years
together and it feels like a family member has gone and another one is suffering.
I have you in my thoughts and prayers. You are not alone in this.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
OMG...I saw the subject line and then saw what I thought was a smiley face, so I thought you were going to say a joke how you had lost him down the back of the couch or something...I'm so sorry for your loss, what a great shock. I can only imagine how you are feeling. Does it make you feel good to know that he was with you anyway at the end, and in no pain. Thinking of you.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I cried so much when i read this on FB tonight..you and Zeus are family..we ve known each other for 5 yrs..so so sad..nothing takes that heartbreak away...you know Paul BDB gang are here for you anytime..we re your supporters..i wish i could give you a big hug..
we ll miss you like hell big guy...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.