Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long story so I will apologize up front...some of you may remember my situation...

It all started when Scarlet went into heat. She did fine but never came out of it. Her tits stayed swolen and her pooty stayed huge after she was done bleeding. She also started to get these little sores all over her thing....after about 2-3 weeks of no size reduction we took her to the vet. The vet lookad at her and asked if she was preggy. No she wasn't and he said her tits should have never gotten this big. This caused him to believe she was stuck in between heat and off of her heat...that her hormones were out of wack. He never stated it as a false pregnancy but after asking on here it seemed that that was what he meant. I told him she was to be fixed soon and he said that the best option would be to get her pregnant. If we decided to have her fixed with out her being pregnant first her hormones would be off the rest of her life. She needed the cycle of pregnancy to jolt her hormones back to normal. My first thought was this was bull...I have never had a vet tell me to breed my dog. My problem is that this vet was my boyfriends family vet and he used to work there. He has complete faith in this guy. I have read a few things about false pregnancys and they all say it last mayby 2-3 weeks....which is about as long as she showed physical symptoms. And that it is not a serious thing...it goes away. I am trying to convince my boyfriend that this is not the right thing to do...I want to have her spayed in March. We just got into this huge fight about it and its not that he is nieve...he has had a trained professional tell him that this would be in the best interest of our dog. He thinks that it may harm her to not do this...here is were I need help...I need help finding some really good sites...books....whatever that tell about false pregnancy. He wants facts not what people say they believe. I just have not been able to find anything that says you do not have to get your dog pregnant...nothing states that...I'm sure its because they figure most people wouldn't do that but who knows. I just need some help...I want to fix her....I dont want puppies right now and I am going to take her to get a second opinion but I have to wait until I get paid :oops: . I just want something to show him now that that isn't the best option...sorry it is do long please help me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts