Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Agent Squint
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Training is going good, but now we are working on wait/stay wherever the dog is and my homework this week is to get Roxy to lay, and to work more on a strong wait.

Wait is going really good, but lay...jeeze not even for a treat will she do it, If i put her in a lay she just rolls on her back :(

Any1 got any good advice for getting roxy to go into a lay?

Lisa, I asked my trainer why Roxy would be no good a protection, he said "she would kill the guy" I couldn't get any more info as he was very busy last week. He has done protection work with GS in the past, but has retired from protection now likes working with dogs with behaviour problems. He still does tracking, which I would like to try with Roxy. We both decided Fly ball would drive Roxy nuts!

· Registered
70 Posts
How are you trying to get the dog to lay down? Both my dogs fought laying down at first, I found that when they are in a sit with their leash and training collar on, snapping the leash down twice from under their chin towards the floor would usually get them down to the ground. From there if they were unwilling to stay there, stepping on the leash close to them so they could not move while giving them a stay command usually reinforced the stay. Rolling over isn't that bad it's a submissive position, but if you want them to stay on their belly thats the way to go. My male would lay on his belly fine, but getting him to roll over was always a chore. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.