Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody.. Last night around 1am, I was taking Achilles out for a walk.. He pee'd and then just layed down on the concrete.. I ended up picking him up, and he sneezed about 4 or 5 times on the way in.. When we got back into my room, I took his favorite toy and started to get him to play alittle as to tire him to get him to sleep faster. haha.. Well when I layed down on the ground, I saw this Green Booger looking stuff coming out of his knows, just like flem does when we get sick.. Then today after work, I was taking him out of the truck, and it happened again, this time alittle more.. and hes been sneezing alot... Is there any type of medicine I could give him? or is it a common cold that will pass??
Thanks in advance!
-Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
sounds like bordetella to me. I would take him to the vet so they can diagnose and get the antibiotics started. It is very contagious to other animals so please keep him inside and away from public pet places. let your vet know what he is coming in for so they can have a room ready for you when you go in.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I don't know if it's too late to put my word in but I will just in case. I'd get him to the vet ASAP. Bear had buggers that would come out of his nose. It wasn't constant but a little everyday. Well, needless to say I came home one day and he didn't want to get up. Took him the emergency vets and he had pheumonia. 2 ER visits later and $1100 I would not wait if I saw it again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey everybody, Well I took Achilles to the vet and he has an EXTREMELY mild case of kennel cough.. He gave me the necessary medications for him to make sure he is ok.. Doc said as long as he gets his meds every day , that he should be good in a week.. I'll keep everybody updated..
-Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts