Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has what looked to me like a rash of some sort on the inside of her back legs, near her knees. I called and made an appointment and took her in today because it seemed to be getting worse over the weekend. Turns out it's just an abrasion that she ulcerated by licking at it. Here's the kicker....the first thing the vet told me was she could stand to lose 10 lbs!! :shock: Yikes! no wonder the poor girl doesn't want me to take her picture! LOL :lol: Hopefully now that the weathers nice again we'll get her out and exercise more...heaven knowsI could use it as well!

Our vet is great. Jazzy was kinda scared when she did the skin scraping and she growled at the vet. I thought for sure the doctor would muzzel her. Nope, just brout in a tech with some baby food and as the vet did the scraping the tech fed Jazz the baby food. Love it!! :D

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Glad to hear it's just an abrasion and nothing else. How much does she wiegh?? Maybe if you have a treadmill too, you could work out a little exercising program for her, like 10 minutes one day and extend it to 5 more minutes each day. If you do have a treadmill, it's best to put it at a really slow pace at first and get her use to floor moving. She'll be scared at first, but eventually she'll be begging for you to put her on it again!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's just over 60 lbs. We do have a treadmill but Jazzy is so skittish I'm not sure she'd get near it. It may take a bit of work, but I just might try it! Thanks for the suggestion. :D

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
First of all, I LOVE your new banner! Second of all, glad it's not anything worse, hope it clears up fast.

How many cups of dogfood is she eating per day? Is she maybe stealing some of Chopper's? Koa used to do that to Heaven.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LuvaBULL said:
First of all, I LOVE your new banner! Second of all, glad it's not anything worse, hope it clears up fast.

How many cups of dogfood is she eating per day? Is she maybe stealing some of Chopper's? Koa used to do that to Heaven.
Well, it's kinda hard to tell how much she really eats, wherein lies the problem. I feed all three at the same time, in their own bowls, in different parts of the kitchen and dining room. BUT...Chopper will not eat out of his bowl...he'll go and scrounge the other two dog's bowls...and of course, they back off and let him eat. When he's done they eat whats left, then sometimes eat out of Chopper's bowl. Kind of a free for all. The vet suggested feeding them in total seperate areas of the house so that there's no chance of anyone eating anyone else's food. So, in theory she gets about 2-2 1/2 cups a day...but in actuality....who knows.

Oh, and the banner....yeah....Bridget (Fina) rocks!!! :headbang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts