Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
WATER SPRAY BOTTLE, obedience classes. I know too much what you are going through. And it is hard to have a puppy in your condition let alone a mean one!!!

I have gtg but have some solid advice for you. I will get to you later or tomorrow, so make sure you get back!!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
7 week old is not displaying a temperment that he is aggressive. A 7 week old puppy does not know better. He may have been the dominant one in his litter, he may have ruled the roost so to speak. I have a litter of almost 4 week old pups that are constantly growling, biting each other and sometimes they get pissed and attempt to throw down. All out of play.....One bumps into the other, that one gets angry and growls, the first one doesnt accept it as a threat, but play, the second is not so accepting, they throw down and argue all the time, they are not aggressive!

When he bites, I agree yell "OUCH!" sharply(Not nec. yell, but stern" shock him so he associates his bite w/ your yelp.

Get a spray bottle too. Spray him a quick short spray when he does this.

ESTABLISH yourself as the ALPHA right now, right from the start. Make him EARN everything, treats, loving pats(doesnt mean you cant cuddle) appreciative gestures, his dinner, his bones, walk in a room before he does, etc. Do a search on the subject, you will find lots of great info.

7 weeks is not far from my litter, and I see that these pups have alot to learn as far as controlling their behavior. Your pup prolly came right from the litter where they were rough housing, and now he has no one to do that with. I imagine when looking at my pups, what if they werent weaned 100% before some breeder sold them??(Not mine, but pups in general) How would the new owners deal??What if they had no training what so ever??

This is why I am doing as much as possible before mine go. Even the stern OUCH and NO! because they understand.

LOL-2 are arguing right now, I clapped and shouted NO and they stopped!!!
They are like babies.
Hope this helps.......Do you have a crate???Time out works well to. Wheter in a crate or in a corner, teach him.

You poor thing, going through this now..................................I feel your pain.......LITERALLY!

It will all be worth it though, trust me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.