Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diagnosed with Cancer, therefore to avoid stresss. My dog is 7 weeks old and is a terror when I spank him he backs up and growls and me. He will not play with a toy, he bites everyone and everything in the house. I can't get a moments rest and so I crated him for short periods which gives me some reprieve. But as soon as I let him out it is hell again. I get sooo angry that he is so hard headed and escpecially mad and spank him really hard when he growls and bites me. I do praise him for going potty with positive tones and treats and I am on disability so I am home and he is out alot. I just can't take him being this way and I am scared that the growling snarling and stuff is a sign of what is to come. Do these dogs ever show love and appreciation? When does it get better. I don't want to battle cancer and put what I have left into him and he turn out to be a terror because he is taking all I have left. and no one around here buys them but to fight them and I cant afford to give him away. Please help...Desperate in NC

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one more thing

Please don't think I beat him all the time. I snuggle him or try and he bites me. sometimes he will sleep on my lap. and I try to say no bite jake loudly before resorting to spanking. He has plenty to eat, 100 toys and a big back yard that we go play in so I don't abuse him nor do I feel I expect too much from him at this age. Just to play with his toys, play ball with me, sit on my lap, my other dogs have bloody bite wounds all over them from puppy teeth and they won't come out from under the bed because he grabs them by the throat. He acts like he is playing with them. Then I say no and crate him and he does the same so I spank him and then he goes crazy on me. How do I teach him not to be so aggressive?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both for input..I already started

I started yelping and he stopped and kissed me. I got him from a stupid breeder had 9 females to 2 males all outside tied to large chains. He was the only male puppy out of six and he wanted them gone by 4 weeks. So I have had him for just over 2 now. My biggest worry was what do I do if he turns out to be mean after I put so much time into him and how could I give him up knowing bull dogs have such bad reputations and he may end up in a fighting situation. I see the sweetness in him too. But what you both said made alot of sense. The yelping makes him stop and give me the cutest I am sorry look and he stops biting the other dogs if I yelp to. Only if he is being too ruff. My lil girl Maltese actualy stood her ground which was great. Like i said I want to love him and him to be my forever mushy bully lol but was scared at these early signs because I don't know when to watch for the behavior to start, I have never had this breed and my Rott. was an angel from the start, also an only dog...(which is deceased) or my lil dogs who are lap dogs for sure. I definately can see how him being the only male, outside, ignorant breeder, not weened or socialized at all is working against me. We went for a long walk and I talked to him and we started by making a new commitment ;) he is great housetrained already. Doesn't cry in his crate and almost sits at 7 weeks..most of the time he will unless otherwise destracted. So it could be worse :) TY For your thoughts, opinions and prayers. I am gonna go do some snuggling while it lasts. Hopefully it will get warm soon and we can do some leash training how old do you suggest to start that? I am trying to do one thing at a time. Making him sit for treat, food, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.