Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're new here. I'm Serena and this lil' critter is my boxer Sable.

She loves her Daddy.
[/img]

She loves the couch more.

She's also a big fan of feet.
[/img]

[/img]

This is the only toy we've found that she didn't destroy within 5 minutes, literally.

Here's a few more. I just can't resist.
[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Ok. I'm done. :oops: That's all I got. She's my sugarbooger. [/img]

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
omg she is sooooooo adorable!! I love the 2nd to last one... shes looking at you like "what?"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think she's between 2 and 3, but honestly we're not sure. :oops: She was given to us by a friend of a friend, and all they told us was where they had taken her to the vet. She's been bounced from home to home her whole life and no one kept her for more than a few months until we got her. We thought we were gonna have to give her away when we moved, but rather than put her through that again we kept looking until we found the right home for ALL of us. I can't imagine life without her.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMAO. I ask her that at least 48 times a day. She's like a live vaccuum. Especially for pieces of grass and stuff that get tracked in from outside. She chases flys too, well, any bug, actually. I've had to shoo her away from wasps, and even had to pull a large black sugar ant out of the fold of her top lip. That one got her instead of her getting it. Poor thing, her lip swelled up and she looked sooo pitiful! :cry: The sad thing is that we caught her goin' after another one about 10 minutes later. :shock:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
serena said:
Kelly said:
She is adorable. BTW......... Welcome to the forum :wave:
Thanks! I really like this site. I stumbled across it when I did a search on Boxers to try to find out how to put a little weight on her, and I haven't left since. :D
Why do you want to put weight on her? From the pics, she looks absolutely perfect, I wouldn't want her to gain a pound!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The pics are about a year old. We recently moved and I'm hoping that it's just the stress of getting used to a new environment. But she really doesn't eat any less. She probably eats more now than she used to. You can just make out her ribs when she walks and I don't remember her looking like this before. My husband says that I'm overreacting and that she's fine and that most boxers are slim like that because of how hyper-active they are. But I still worry. Especially when I see pics of other dogs that are more hefty than her. Maybe I'm just being too worrisome, after all, she is my first and only child. :roll:

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
serena said:
The pics are about a year old. We recently moved and I'm hoping that it's just the stress of getting used to a new environment. But she really doesn't eat any less. She probably eats more now than she used to. You can just make out her ribs when she walks and I don't remember her looking like this before. My husband says that I'm overreacting and that she's fine and that most boxers are slim like that because of how hyper-active they are. But I still worry. Especially when I see pics of other dogs that are more hefty than her. Maybe I'm just being too worrisome, after all, she is my first and only child. :roll:
If you think she's too thin, I don't want to tell you you're wrong without seeing her. But, you're supposed to be able to see the outline of the ribs, she sounds just right. If they're protruding, she's too thin and if they're invisible, she's too heavy. I'd say she's fine unless you can see she's getting thinner. She's adorable by the way.

~Shawn

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Shawn. My hubby tried to tell me the same thing, but it makes a
difference when it comes from someone who can be, oh what's the word
I want..........anyway, I know you're not just sayin' it to make me feel
better.

To everyone else, augrad, bella blue, LuvaBull, thanks for the kind
words and warm welcome. I LOVE Y'ALL MAN :cry: ! This site is too
f*&^%$# kewl. Hopefully I won't offend nobody right off. :p

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
<------- NOT offended by much of anything...except animal cruelty!

serena said:
Thanks Shawn. My hubby tried to tell me the same thing, but it makes a
difference when it comes from someone who can be, oh what's the word
I want..........anyway, I know you're not just sayin' it to make me feel
better.

To everyone else, augrad, bella blue, LuvaBull, thanks for the kind
words and warm welcome. I LOVE Y'ALL MAN :cry: ! This site is too
f*&^%$# kewl. Hopefully I won't offend nobody right off. :p

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Welcome! Sable is a pretty girl!

I like the big pics. Lots of us post threads with lots of big pics.

BTW...like the southern drawl.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well I like you already. You are a picture feen and I like that. I grew up with boxers and they are great dogs. She is very pretty. Welcome to the best board around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts