Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a femail english bulldog who is 3 years old. I bought her from a breeder. She is the love of my life. I want very much for her to have a son whom I can keep as a second friend/pet in my home for many more years. I have heard many times of stud services but are there breeders who would take in my baby and breed her once for me and they would keep a puppy or two for their payment (kind of like reverse stud services). Im not sure how this works and I dont want to sound unethical or anything. I am not trying to do this to make money and the LAST thing I want to do is endanger the health of my baby. I just want another darling bulldog and I want Lu Lu (my dog) to be a mommy. Am I wrong in persuing this course or are there establishments that wouldhelp me out. I live in Orlando, FL

Thanks in advance for your advice

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
How about just getting another bulldog instead of putting your female through all of that? Most likely she will need a C section to deliver as most EBs do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I understand the need for a c section. and sometimes artificial insemination. thats why I what this to be done by professionals. I read that post and it meant nothing to me. I dont want to breed agresive dogs. I just want a boy bulldog that is from the same line as mine. I want my bulldog to know what its like to be a mother. I dont know if this sounds strange or not to youall but its not to me. I want the son of Lu Lu around the house. What is involved and is this possible. Dont pointme to other posts unless they address my issue directly. I am new to this forum and would just like some straightforward answers.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
You're anthropomorphizing your dog way too much. Female dogs live perfectly happy, healthy lives without experiencing "the joys of motherhood."

You're willing to contribute to the pet overpopulation problem just because you want one male puppy from your female? (What if she doesn't even produce a male?) Well, if you can live with that, then go for it. It's not ethical in any way, though, so don't worry about trying to find ethical information/advice on how to breed your female.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

No reputable breeder is going to want to have anything to do with your female. Sorry to be harsh, but that is the truth.

The only type of people who would be interested in "studding out" their male to you would be some other person wanting to breed for their own silly and selfish reasons ($$ and wanting to reproduce the dog they have because they "love it"). No decent breeder would be willing to stud out a dog they have done all the health tests, shown, and perhaps done other things with like agility, obedience,or other such competetions. Your dog is an uproven household pet, get her spayed and enjoy her for what she is. You obviously have not been involved or researched the breed long enough to know there is a right way and wrong way to do things.

BTW if you really wanted to produce something close to what you have, do you have the slightest idea how to do that or would you just use the first available stud out there? My guess is that pedigree and quality of the dog wouldn't matter as long as you got its sperm, right?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Breed her to a pug and make mini-bulls. LOL jk :lol:
(I'm a sarcastic bastard by the way so don't take me seriously)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well you all seem like stuck up flaming &*^%$%^&*. Adding to the overpopulation?? It seems to me like you all are greedy breeders who only want YOUR females to have puppies. You all can goto hell and I hope every one of you live miserable lives.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Swearing is not alowed on this forum. Not our fault you didn't like the answers you got. BTW NONE of the people who answered you are breeders.

Have a nice day

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I admit, I am a stuckup flaming f^*(hole....but I was just kidding around with ya :wink:

I am really a nice person if you get to know me :lol:

I think the main thing is to not breed just to get a puppy as a companion. That is not a great purpose or goal. How do you know if your dog is breeding material without proper testing and showing?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
gonzoflick said:
well you all seem like stuck up flaming &*^%$%^&*. Adding to the overpopulation?? It seems to me like you all are greedy breeders who only want YOUR females to have puppies. You all can goto hell and I hope every one of you live miserable lives.
:shock: If you breed this dog you are going to have a miserable life. :lol: You are uneducated about breeding and it isn't as easy as you think. Good breeders have people coming to them to breed, they do not have to go looking for sires. Of course since we are just being jerks you can tell us your plans on health guarantees and if your dog is affected by any of the following. Of course, you are prepared to shell out the money when you have to replace a pup, or refund the buyers money. Of course, you have tested your dog for what can be tested for below and of course you know if her or any of her family members are affected which would in turn affect the puppies with any of this...Of course the person that you breed to will be able to provide you with answer about genetic defects, of course..Of course you have the money put aside for if/when all the puppies get sick and you have to take them to the Vet, repeatedly...And of course you know that a dog may not make it out of a preg. and you run the risk of losing your dog.
Eye Problems
Entropion/Ectropion
Cherry Eye
Distichiasis
Dry Eye
Corneal Ulcer
Conjunctivitis

Skin/Wrinkle Problems
Dermatitis/Pyoderma/Staph
Allergies
Acne
Demodectic Mange
Hot Spots
Interdigital Cysts
Tear Stains
Yeast Infections

Heart Problems
Heart Murmur
Enlarged Heart
Valve Defects

Structural Problems
Mouth/Jaw
Hip Dysplasia
Luxating Patella
Cleft Palate
Hemivertebrae
Harelip
Spina Bifida
Elbow Dysplasia
Arthritis/Joint Problems

Rear/Tail Problems
Tight Tail
Inverted Tail
Impacted Anal Glands

Urinary/Reproductive
Urinary Tract Infections
Bladder Infection
Prolasped Urethra
Pyometra

Respiratory Problems
Stenotic Nares
Small Trachea
Hypoplastic Trachea
Elongated Soft Palate

Miscellaneous
Hypothyroidism
Bloat/Gastric Torsion
Cancer

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Another question to ask yourself is are you really prepared to make a pupsicle (name for culling of very young pup via putting in freezer, causes very QUICK shock, and painless death) if you have pups born with a cleft palette or other serious birth defects.

Trust me this is common, and culling is a common practice. These dogs are more than you've bargained for I think. LOTS to think about, and I am not being an a$$ I am trying to help you. Seriously. I know lots about breeding and breeding practices and these dogs. It is not as easy or simple as you think. This is why breeders charge the price they do.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
gonzoflick said:
SRSLY?? My female is spayed. No breeding here. Ever. I care very much about pet overpopulation and see the results of it on a daily basis. Go volunteer at an animal shelter on euth. day and tell me if you still want to bring more puppies into the world.

Why do people always make ridiculous assumptions when other people try to educate them, and they don't like what they're hearing???

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Everytime time a Backyard breeder or potential byb gets put in thier place its the same old song and dance.

I don't know how many times I have been accused of being a greedy breeder who just wanted to eliminate the competetion. What a laugh. That would be the day I would go thru the blood, sweat, and tears of having a well thought out, quality litter just to make some $$ by fllooding the already overpopulated pet market. What a waste of time, energy and $$ that would be. Breeding dogs for $$ is not on my agenda. I may be selfish, but not selfish in the same sense these money hungry puppy peddlers are. I'd be selfish because I'd want to keep my puppies as close ot me as I could so to aid me in bettering my own yard of dogs sometime in the future. Breeding dogs would always be about ME first. I could care less about anyone else, nor could I care less about my pocket book.

Too funny gonzo. :lol: :lol: :lol: You couldn't be more off base.

·
Registered
655 Posts
redbull said:
Another question to ask yourself is are you really prepared to make a pupsicle (name for culling of very young pup via putting in freezer, causes very QUICK shock, and painless death) if you have pups born with a cleft palette or other serious birth defects.
For the record, it is NOT necessary for breeders to participate in this cruel and disgusting practice.

Just wanted to express that not all breeders do that. Whether you end up breeding your girl or not, you don't have to make a "pupsicle" :pukeleft: out of pups born with birth defects.

Plus, since she's talking about an EB, it would have a C-section anyway... she wouldn't have to put the dog in the freezer if she's in a vet's office. In fact, I'm pretty sure they would discourage that there.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I'm talking about if the pups that come out (after C-section) have birth defects. They will need to be culled. I gave one example this is not cruel. It is very quick and painless actually although I agree it sounds downright gross. Honest to goodness, 2 mins in the freezer and the extremely young pup goes into shock and dies a painless death. You can also give them an injection yes. Sometimes it is not apparent if the defect is there immediately, and yes I gave a more graphic description of one method of culling so as to turn her off.

You want to know what IS cruel? Taking the pups home and then realizing that the pup can not feed properly because of a cleft pallet, and then allowing it to starve to death. THAT is cruel. If you do not inspect correctly, you won't find out until the pup is not doing too well and then eventually dies a slow and painful death. And like I said, sometimes it takes a week or so until you notice it become bad, and then the pup falls off. What will you do? Rush it to the vet? It will likekly die on the way if you notice it's doing bad. Not a comfortable way to go.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Culling is not a fun job. I have never had to do it and I have never produced a litter. Noone likes it, but sometimes it is not possible to rush a dog out to a vet to be culled extremely fast. I do not want to talk about the different methods of culling, it is a gruesome topic

·
Registered
655 Posts
redbull said:
You want to know what IS cruel? Taking the pups home and then realizing that the pup can not feed properly because of a cleft pallet, and then allowing it to starve to death. THAT is cruel.
If the pups are delivered by C-section at a decent vet, the vet will be able to euthanize them immediately if there is a horrible birth defect. There is no need to starve them to death OR make a "pupsicle".

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
What if the bitch went into labor while your at work? And she pushed & pushed for 8 hours & had a pup stuck in the birth canal...rotting away. Chances are all the rest of the pups would die & so would the beloved momma. Are you willing to risk your females life to have her son?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Lizzie said:
redbull said:
You want to know what IS cruel? Taking the pups home and then realizing that the pup can not feed properly because of a cleft pallet, and then allowing it to starve to death. THAT is cruel.
If the pups are delivered by C-section at a decent vet, the vet will be able to euthanize them immediately if there is a horrible birth defect. There is no need to starve them to death OR make a "pupsicle".

Did I say you should starve the pup to death? NO, I said if you have the pups, and something isn't caught or noticed in them right away ( and YES, SOMETIMES you CAN'T catch a birth defect IMMEDIATELY at conception)....then what are you going to do when the pup starts to starve because it CAN'T feed???

1 - 20 of 124 Posts