Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a weight pull today and it really was something to see a 41lb dog pull over a ton and still have it in him to keep going. The weight pull was held in Richland,NC outside of Jacksonville. They even let amatuer handlers try their dogs (with no weights of coarse) to let them get used to the cart behind them. The cart itself weighs 320lbs so its not like they didnt know it was there. My dog Bronx weighs 72lbs and hes 10 months old and he pulled the cart the lenght of the track in 9.09 seconds, i was so happy that he didnt give up but he was a little scared of the cart. I even bought a weight pull harness. One of the tables set up thier had a bunch of hand made leashes and triple thick collars and a couple of extra harnesses. I asked one of the other handlers thier and he found me one that fit my dog perfectly, it wasnt quite the color i wanted but bright yellow does look good on a black dog :wink: . Im gonna be working with Bronx for the next couple of months so by the next show maybe he will be able to actually pull some weight. As well as the weight pull they had a conformation show and to tell you the truth if i ever would have seen a dog that looks like that in someones back yard i would have called Animal Control. All the dogs in conformation have about no body fat. They all look healthy but their really ribby and thin but you can see their muscles. I quess it all depends on the judge but from what i hear thats what they look for. Well that was my saturday hope ya have a good weekend!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Awesome! I've always wanted to watch a weightpull event. Thiose dogs are just amazing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw my first weight pull a few weeks ago at the Working Pit Bull Terrior Club of America (WPBTCA) Nationals in Acton Maine . It was so amazing watching those beautiful dogs pull, watching them work so hard. And of course, they were all smiling! :D I was tired at the end of the pull!

·
Registered
62 Posts
pullin

here is a link to the apa http://weightpull.com/ it has all results for there pulls there they put on the one in Jersey at bulldoggerfest. Hey pure grover did you do the novice pull at buldoggerfest i was there with my girl Dyna pulling. This is her...

and i was the one drinkin the canadians...... Hope to see you next year...

Evan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts