Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
The ingredients in the Savory Sauce aren't nearly as bad as the IAMS dry food, but it's not really worth the cost because it's mostly water. You could probably achieve the same drool-enticing effects on your dog by soaking kibble in warm water and letting it make its own "gravy."

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Shay78 said:
I stopped usung the dry food and use the Nutros choice with the Iams sauce. I didnt see it as expensive though
Never said it was expensive...just not worth the cost. :) Why pay $3 or $4 for something you can pretty much achieve with tap water? :p I'm glad I don't have picky eaters. Bella and Remy gobble up their kibble like we starve them!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I used the sauce but like Leeann said, I put water on the food and sprinkle very little cheese on it, mix and Moose eats ALL his food. Moose is VERY picky and has been all his life OH wait, except when he was nursing LOL

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
We tried it when my dogs were younger....gave them the runs. :?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I've always added warm water to the dry kibble for the pups and the seniors we've fostered. the younger adults would get watered kibble as a treat once in a while too. Never tried the IAMS gravy stuff. It's smell gives me a headache.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My girl was old and couldn't chew her kibble even though I did mix it with the canned food she would still pick each kibble out and spit it to the side in a little pile (those crafty pit bulls). Water didn't work so I tried the Iams gravy.

My late pit hated this stuff, wouldn't touch it..

I ended up just buying human grade gravy at the store, she loved it and it was much healthier for her.

I think when in doubt, buy a food product meant for humans.
It's always high quality because the health department makes sure.

You don't know what they put in those Iams things..
:spam1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts