Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up Peaches last night, she has a nasty sore on her ear.
The old owner said to put nothing on it as she only scatches it off, but I want to try to help fix it....any ideas?
She said it was from Flies :x her wrinkles are in pretty bad shape also, and I have meds for that, she is off to have a flee bath shortly.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Whoa...that looks pretty nasty! Has she been to the vet? She may need some antibiotics from the secondary infection it looks like she has. Does your local pet store sell Elizabethan collars (aka lampshade collar, satellite collar)? That would prevent her from scratching her ear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The closest vet is about 1 1/2 hour drive away....the old owner was pretty blazzay about it.....I have put antiseptic ointment on it and she is NOT scratching it off. I will give her a good clean up and if it doesn't improve will make the journey to the vets......makes me cross that people think it is OK for these breeding dogs to not be in top shape :evil:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peaches is all clean now.....and actually smells pleasant :lol:
Her old scab came off and have treated the wound with the antiseptic ointment I have.
I rang the vets and they said that a new scab should form and then the healing could start.
But if it got worse to take her in.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Ouch! Yes that is from flies. Flies use to irriate my other dog during the summer. Keep it clean and continue with the antibiotics. If it does get worse do see the vet. Cleaning it once or twice daily and the use of the antibiotics should take care of it. Same with her rinkles clean and dry them daily. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts