Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could CLONE one thing about your dog in their working temperament what would it be? and if you could change something what would it be? Like for ex What do you love the most your dog has for whatever it is you r working in to make things good, and what do they lack? this is during working venues.

Me i like Boris full grip every time he bites a sleeve no matter the scenario or area. Lacks a bit of fight but is coming out lately :wink:
Carley lacks tracking drive and a bit pf prey drive. Excels in defense and the fight. Sometimes a little too much she becomes to blurry :roll:
Cowboy- great balanced drives for the work . great nose... still too young to tel what i don't like as of yet

Would love to know what others have encountered good and bad with their dogs through their working venues. Shows us how much AB can differ or be alike? we shall see

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Good question Tia.

With Rosco I would like to be able to clone his extremely high prey drive and willingness to partake in whatever activity I ask him to. Also his great nerve, extreme stability and tons of confidence. Hard, commited bite and over all hardness. The only thing I wish he had a little more of is defence. Not too much, just a little....its very difficult to threaten him but I think that may come with the high level of confidence he has in himself so I guess thatis not necessarily a bad thing. I also wish he was a bit smaller and had more endurance, especially during the summer heat. I firmly believe it will be difficult for me to find another dog with his work ethic and I am very disappointed I didn't start training him properly as a puppy. With a more experienced handler I believe that dog would have went places.

Smooch...haha I don't think there is anything about her I would like to clone. Maybe her speed and endurance? So far I think she could be more confident, have highher prey drive and better nerve (enviornmentally) . The fact she is alot softer and more compliant than Rosco (in part to do my imprinting but she is also just a softer dog genetically) does make things easier for me from a handler standpoint but I do not think that equates to a better dog or anything i think is worth cloning. I am hoping as she matures all her drives (except for defence) come up. Her best drive right now is her food drive. I would definitly like to see a little more prey drive and ball drive with her and a little more comitment to the bite.

Good question Tia.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.