Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!

We moved into our new house over the month of July and we are finally pretty much settled in. I just got interent up and running here last weekend. Boy dial up sucks!! Not used to this at all after 3yrs of DSL! It took me forever to upload these pics and its really difficult now for me to view all the pics the rest of you put up. It's a bummer because I always enjoyed that aspect of this forum. Now I have to really pick and chose what I decide to open up or I would be here all day waiting for pictures to load!

Anyways, I have been taking some pics around the place this weekend and decided to come and share them with you all. I have missed the forum and look forward to being able to spend a bit of time here again. We have lots of work to do here, and still own the other house, so time is not as plentiful, especially when you throw in a slow interent connection into the mix!

Hope all is well with everyone!

First some pictures of the new "crib". I can't believe how much happier I am out here. No neighbours, just lots and lots of nature. It's really like living in a conservation area. Its wonderful.

front of house

back of house

here is the barn...the first thing we plan on doing when we sell the other place is replacing all its doors and windows. Other than that it is in very good shape.

view from my front porch

view from my back porch

Rosco relaxing with me on our back porch. I think this is a place we will be spending lots of time. Its a covered porch and I love sitting here in the moring when I have my coffee or in the evenings having a beer!

Heres a cool little feature of the new place. A dinner bell!! It really gives the place some character!

Some pretty birds came to visit

The two trouble makers!

Here is Smoochie staring at my hubby while he was washing his bike. From certain angles, she is really starting to have the look of her dad in the head. Of course on a much smaller scale..LOL

She even has the same goofy earset as her dad, Tatanka.

Can you say "hog aggression"? LOL

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I am so totally jealous! Love your new place!! Glad to see you back, too. We've missed you. I'm sure Rosco and Smooch are going to be very happy wth their new digs. :D

PS That dinner bell is awesome! I want so badly to find in nice big farmhouse with tons of character, not these cookie cutter houses that people build these days.

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
WOW! Your new place is GORGEOUS! It must be so relaxing to sit and enjoy the quiet/nature/beauty. Bet the dogs are loving it too! Smooch and Roscoe look great...love how it looks like Smooch is laughing in the pic of her and Roscoe!

·
Registered
101 Posts
nice place, nice hog :wink:
i`ve been thinking of moving to the states. the uk is going down hill rapido! if i sold my house i`d have approx $300000 to play with. i dont know what that would buy me out there, but i know it would be a damn site more than you`d get over here. fuel is roughly $10 a gallon over here, and every time we go to war it just keeps on rising. i love what you have . nice house, big truck, 2 great dogs, and a hog. i bet my hog cost twice as much as your fella`s. welcome to rip off britain. your a lucky girl. nice place, cherish what you have. :wink: :)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Lisa the new place looks awesome!! Looks like everyone else is deciding to enjoy it too! ;) It's good to see you back, and I can sooo sympathize with you on dial up! lol

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Gorgeous pictures Lisa! It's so nice to see you around again!

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
WE MISSED YOU!!!! :cry:
So glad to have you back :flower:
Pics look great, house is beautiful and so are the yards.
Glad all went well with your move, sorry about your DSL,
will you be able to get it back?
Pat and Clara

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
That is the type of house my hubby and I want.Trees in the front, back side all around.........Ah Privacy
Rancher............. :cry: crying now you are in my future home :wink:

Looks great Lisa.I am so jealous. Looks like the pups like it as well.
I love the dinner bell. I need one of those when my hubby is outside working so I dont have to yell a gazillion times.
Yea, I would be using it.............lol

So just curious as to how close your neighbors are?
Looks like there aren't any from your pics which is sweet :)
So what are you guys planning to do with the farm? Use it as a garage?

Glad your move went well.Missed you around here.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Lookin good! I'm jealous lol..That's my next plan though hopefully is to get a place more isolated than the new place I'm at, even though I'm in a tiny community (Blenheim - close to lake erie and the provincial park) I'd still like some acreage around me.

I'm late moving down into my place but I'm settling in this week. It's all empty and waiting for me, got them to do some work to the house and all I have to do is finish packing up now and move my ass down. Planning on taking this whole week off to move and settle in and get the place all setup for the dogs. I'll give you a ring once I'm all settled in.

Are you north of your last place now and closer to the Chatham area?

ps: you have to see Maddie now, after her surgery and cartrophen shots, she's acting 3 yrs younger! I'll bring her out to the club so you can see her again as soon as we're down. It's nice to see her running and bouncing around again!

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
So glad to see you are back! Nice place you got there. Reminds me of where I live. So peaceful......

Roscoe and Smooch are looking awwesome as usual!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Great pics Lisa!!! :p The dogs look great and so does the new place!!! not that the old place was ugly but nature is such a GREAT feeling...Hope to see the place sometime...
I know the Dial up pain!!! :oops:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Nice place, it's really beautiful! How far did you move from your last place? Do you commute far for work now? It's good to see you're back and congrats on the new crib!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
All I can say is WOW! I love it. I would love to live in the woods too. I can because I don't thnk it is far to the kids (noone to ). Maybe one day. The pups look great as usual. Glad to see you back.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for the compliments and the warm welcome back to the forum.

Pat, DSL or cable internet is not available at my new place. Just too far out in the boonies..LOL. I will be looking into high speed wireless but I am prepared for the fact that I may not be able to recieve the towers' signal due to the bush we are in the middle of. I was told the signal will travel through one- 5km bush but it cant travel thru others along its path. Keep your fingers crossed that it will work for me I can't stand this dial up!

Kelly, we have no neighbours beside or behind us. Beyond the woods we are surrounded by farmers field. There are a couple homes across the road but not directly across. The barn will be my hubbies workshop and storage areas for the "toys".

ChicoHeidi, the new place is about 15 minutes from the old one. It used to take me about 25 mins to get to work, now it takes about 35-40 minutes. Well worth it though!!!

Thanks again everyone!

Evan, I'm actually south/east of the old place now. Couldn't go any more north or we'd be in Lake St.Clair ;). I am about the same distance from Chatham as I was before. I think it may take me 5 minutes longer or so to get to the club now. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
ahh true, yeah it's still not far at all.

Are you familiar with Blenheim? It's really close to lake erie and about a 15 minute drive to Rondeau Provincial Park. You ever been out that way? Curious how it is out there, looks like it might be some decent camping grounds.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Evan, I am familiar with Blenheim. Been thru the town a few times.

I have done a drive thru of Rondeau PP. We decided to check it out and see how the campgrounds were. Wasn't to my taste actually. It may be ok for tenting but I noticed several sites seemed to be unlevel and not the best for trailers. Also, from what I remember, the sites were pretty wide open and did not offer much privacy at all. We were hoping to like it since it is only an hour away but we left without marking a single site down. The place is nice for a day trip but the campground didn't really do it for me. Wheatley PP, which is about 15 minutes east of Leamington and only a half hour from us, is much nicer. We camp there every year. Then of course ypu have the infamous Pinery PP which is about 2-2.5 hours away which is simply awesome. It is another great park which we visit at least once per year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts