Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everyone!!!! Had to use a different name cuz its ages since ive been on. Hope everyone has been ok and lookin at some of the pics, everyones dogs have grown so much, and all looking gorgeous. Ice and Blade are now just over a year old and still doing great. Blades head is huge and there personalities have really shone through. I havent had one bit of agression from them (touch wood), and they still get along perfectly fine, for 2 males, still proving everyone wrong haha!! Blade weighs just over 90lbs and Ice just over 80lbs. Funny thing is, i still havent figured out who is the dominant 1 out of the 2 is yet but theres still plenty of time. They still play with the same toys together and eat and drink out the same bowl sometimes, and everything is still good with them. Posted a pic below. Check how theyve grown :D Dave

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
WOW!!!!! Have they grown or what?? :naka: Wow. I'd hardly recognise them. Glad you're back. Post more pics! :p

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
That's awesome! They are so big. Glad to see you back, and like Kasco said, post more pics!

As for which one is dominant, they will figure it out among themselves. Just as long as you are their alpha.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
I'm glad they're doing so well. But, you better knock on some wood! They won't reach maturity for another year and fighting for the top spot on the totem pole could happen anywherer between now and well in to full maturity, a few years down the road. I hope that never happens. I've been lucky like that too, with my 5 year old male and the pup we kept from our litter (now 19 months). But, it's way too early to claim success for me. Good luck with them, they both look great!

~Shawn

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Welcome back. Are you "Norteenorf" from the old board? If not, what was your old handle?

Are you ever taking a chance with those two dogs. You give them food and toys together [-X , boy are you taking a risk. I guarantee you by the time these dogs hit maturity you will be in for a wake up call. I hope you don't have kids in the house that may get in the middle when they do end up getting in a fight. Do you have health insurance for your dogs? I think you may need it. How about a break stick?

Good luck because you are going to need it.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
If you are Norteenorf WELCOME BACK! I think your name was Dave? I hope I'm not mistaken 'cause I will feel really stupid. Either way, welcome back, hope you stick around. :biggrin:

(formerly Weakness4Puppies)

EDIT: Ok, I just noticed you added your name at the end of that post, so now I don't feel like an idiot. So it's really you... wow your dogs grew!! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea i am Norteenorf!!! The site must of changed cuz i couldnt use my old name so i figured that changing it to Ice&Blade would help you remeber who i am. Cheers for the advice Amocat, i appreciate it and i am very vigilant when theyre together and i realise that there is plenty of time for anything like that to happen, and i dont for a second think it wil NEVER happen. I dont LET THEM eat and drink and play toether, its more like, when were on a long walk and i have my squeezey bottle full of water for them, they drink from it fine, that isnt my proof for them never fighting, it was just an example of how they are STILL tolerant with eachother, when soooo many people told me they would be enemies by now. And they play good aswell, tug of war, fetch, rough play, and never so much as an aggressive body posture. They live outdoors in heated kennels so there aint no chance of them fighting inside near the kids, they dont come in the house, and i dont have BOTH OF THEM out together when the children are around.
Now ive explained myself a bit more clearly, its good to hear from you all! Ill post more pics soon. Cant beleive how much all your dogs have grown and im so glad to be able to come back on the site again. Now for my question......cant seem to figure this out, which has surprised me, so id appreciate it if anyone can help me out......When i take them both on walks, Ice will pee on a tree or something and then Blade will go n pee straight over it, then Ice will re-cover it, then Blade will do the same again, and they do this a few time till theyre all pee'd out. I cant seem to figure it out eventhough i understand the whole scent marking concept (or evidently don't), does anybody know why they do this???
Dave :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome back, your boys look great.

I had my boys together till the younger one was just about two, then he started getting a little carried away. There a few people that have two males together without problems. Sometimes it works out, most times it doesn't. Good luck with that. :wink:

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Reguarding the territory marking: It's just that, they're going to mark and remark "their" territory as many times as it takes. Mine run out of "marking solution" then CONTINUE to lift their leg on things even though their not really marking anything. It's pretty funny, actually. But, they'll just keep doing it b/c it's natural instinct to them. It's nice to see you back and I'm jealous that you have two outdoor heated kennels! My wife would love that. It's on the top of my priority list. Can you email or pm me information on yours, such as design, cost, etc. I'd really appreciate it.

~Shawn

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
What great lookin' guys! Are they Americans? Hope everything continues to go well for you guys.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
About the peeing while on walks. This might sound mean but I don't let my dogs sniff while on a walk. I can walk my two dogs together and if they were to start out smelling everything we'd never get a walk in. So while out on a walk they either look straight ahead or are looking at me out of the corner of their eye. People or dogs walk by they ignore them, eye's on me, that's it. When I think they may need to have a pee I go to somewhere appropriate and let them do their business, they can sniff then and do what they have to. If they are dinking around for a min or two it's back to the walk.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Theyre fine fanx Rox, hope ur all doin ok! I understand what your e sayin about the walks Care, but i dont just go out to walk them, i go because i like to walk aswell and i go out to give them a good exercise, so there is no need for the structure that you mention. And as far as the peeing is concerned, i aint gonna stop them from peeing until i find an appropriate place! theyre dogs! besides, i mainly walk them in vast woodland, dont think i could find a more appropriate place lol, and i clean up after them also, thanks for the advice though :D
heres a few more pics, i absolutely love the one where i have them sit, hope you like :D

this one is of Blade posing for the pic with one of my good friends. :D

i love this one of them watching a stranger walk away.

Blade loves making "snow angels" lol

funny one for yaz, Blade having a drink stood vertical, he fell in the water shortly after i took this pic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.