Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a red nose pit. She just drop her liter of puppies 5days ago. I breed her with an all white full bloody colby.I been doing some research on both parents to see how will they look when they get bigger. Well to say my pups 5days old they are real big my stepdad have an all black lab we have them separated from the pit but some how the lab kept getting over the fence so im thinking the lab must have something 2 do with it i dont know i mean the pups look like 100% pits i mean i have pictures of them if u will like 2 see the pups maybe u can tell from the pics thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
1/2 Pitbull x 1/2 Lab, sounds like a case of backyard breeding at it's finest...good luck selling those puppies

And I bet ya still register them as 100% pitbulls even though you (THE BREEDER) are not sure huh?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
There is no way to tell from pics, especially as pups, if those dogs are 100% "pure" or not. You will probably never know. [-X

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i mean i been talking to a couple of other breeders that have experience in what they been doing for years on yahoo are whatever they told me some tips about how a pit pup should look they should have a brick shape head they said look at the nose look at there coat well heres some pics of them this maybe help just a little

·
Registered
720 Posts
Holy huge fuzzy cell phone pics Batman!

Seriously though you was the one who bred your dog so if you dont know what the pups are how do you expect us to know what they are?

It is possible some pups could be 100% pit and some pups could be 1/2 pit 1/2 lab...yep thats right a dog can get knocked up by more than one dog at the same time, did ya know that?

Either way you are not 100% sure they are pure pitbull so in my book they are not 100% pure pitbull and I am 200% sure you should not register this litter, this is how people screw up a breed!

I dont care how you or anyone else thinks they look you cant register these pups...I have seen a Lab x Boxer that looked just like a 100% pitbull and everyone would swear up and down on a bible he was a pitbull but he was not...get the point? If they are half lab and you register them and someone else breeds them???? See thats what I mean when I said thats how people screw up a breed.

So my advice would be to not register the pups and just give them away or sell them for cheap with no papers and tell people the truth about what happend and that you are not sure if they are purebred pups.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
ambull040769 said:
So my advice would be to not register the pups and just give them away or sell them for cheap with no papers and tell people the truth about what happend and that you are not sure if they are purebred pups.
I second this advice. Or, charge each owner an adoption fee that will be refundable upon proof of spaying and neutering of the pup.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well im mean once they get a lil bit older i will basically find out whats up at the mean time thanks for everything

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I know a black pit whos actually Pit/lab and nobody can tell the difference.
The problem with labs is that they actually look alot like pit bulls in the face and short coat.
Ambull is right, some pups can be pure bred pits and some can be mixes.
I don't know if it can be told, all I know is this dog I know is GUARANTEED mixed (as they own both dogs).
It was accidental and they knew who the father was (they are both fixed now) the pups still turned out looking
pure APBT. I would definately figure that the pups with black in them would be the one's with lab mixed.
They could all be lab mixes, but if that lab is black and the mother and supposed father aren't.
That would be probably where the black color came from, this includes the brindle ones.

It's no big deal, don't register them as pits and don't intend on ever allowing them to be bred.
I think the ASPCA will fix them at 8 weeks old for free, it's perfectly safe and doesn't affect their adult size.
If you allow them to be bred (by breeding them yourself or selling them to people who will breed them)
you are adding lab to a pit bull bloodline, turning every pit that is born fron them into automatic mixes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
message to pitbull royalty

thanks pitbullroyalty that made alot of sence of what you said but i read that when you breed an dog 1 of the dogs going look different from the others because thats the eyeball of the liter but heres a pic of the mama and daddy maybe this can help a little

the dad

and heres the mom

and heres some of the pups

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Would nose color be an indication of who the sire of each pup is? Do two red nosed dogs always produce red nosed offspring? If any of the pups end up with black noses, would that mean they're mixed with lab? (I don't know the answers to these questions, so someone else please answer!) :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I think red is just a dilution anyway of the Irish Red which was way more vibrant in color than most are today:

They used to look more like this:

The red nose is a mistake, I believe brought about by the constant dilution of breeding reds on reds.
For example, the blue color is being diluted even more by people breeding blue on blue.
The best blues are bred by mistake, usually from black and white pits you can end up with mainly black and
white pups with one or two blue pups mixed in (due to the colors actually mixing). Strange but true, because blue
is actually a dilution of black. So it's strange how colors work, a dog can have black pigment on it's nose just
by simply having a black dog in it's bloodline. You can have two white pits mate and end up with a red puppy
if there was a red dog in the bloodline. So, all of these pups (regardless of color) can be mixed bred or not.

It's hard to tell without a DNA test, but that's expensive as hell.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What a fine breeder?!?!?!

Anyway there is no way to tell if a dog is pure by looking at it. If they were together when she was in heat its likely he sired some of the pups at one time.

If there are black pups those are likely the lab mix or pups with black noses a it seems both parents were red nose which is a recessive gene rednose x rednose produces more red nose dogs.

If you want to know which are pure and which are not you can get the pups, the mom and both dads DNA'd and this will tell you who the dad is of each pup therefore which is pure and which is not.

A pup can look pure and not be, one pit I knew was lost for a week while in heat and she got pg from who knows what, the pups came out looking like pits and a couple you could tell were not, it depends on genes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i have 2 tiger stripes pups thats black with the dark gold stripes with the black face but still in all that does not tells me that the lab had something to do with that liter because you have to go back and look at the ancestors and things like that i mean i got that red nose pit as a present so i dont have no type of papers on that dog but as for the daddy we have papers on him and he's 100% colby i mean every liter a dog haves they going have an eyeball of the liter but the liter we have they different colors....

the dogs descripation
1. all white with a brown patch on its right eye
2. chocolate and white
3. all chocolate with a white lil patch underneath his stomach
4. 2 tiger stripes with the dark gold stripes and 1 of the tiger stripes have white starting from his chest on down
5. a black 1 with white starting from his chest on down

·
Registered
172 Posts
lol tiger stripes, I'd say another byb breeding unreg pet bulls without any knowledge of breeding, genetics or pedigrees and not even knowledge on correct color.

i can only offer the same advice as before get them DNA'd

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
DNA testing..is not that expensive!People, I have received DNA testing papers with my bitch when I registered her from the UKC that sattes it only costs $45 for a litter test up to 6 pups.

I am sure if you take them anywhere it make cost more, this is through the UKC, check their website for any info, if nothing else, call them for info.

Until you know, do not register them. And the size of a puppy, no matter how young, doesnt mean they are mixed, I had 3 well above average size, full blooded.

I have a giant at 7 months old, not mixd.

You made a mistake, not so much the breeding(Yes that was bad) but not watching your bwitch constantly to assure no mess ups were ever made.

Now go spay your pooch, she deserves it after all she has been through.

·
Registered
172 Posts
sajoseph I don't think we have to worry about him reg. them as APBTs, he stated his female was not registered, only the sire was so the litter could not be registered. I think some people missed that because others said don't register them, but they can't be registered.

I also agree that the size of the pups can't determine if they are mixed or not. I have seen dogs have really small pups, some really large pups and others fairly average that were purebreds including in Pit Bulls. So it'd be silly to try to determine if they are pure by their size.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i know i made a mistake about breeding the dogs but at the same time you learn from your mistakes but what im here for is someone to please tell me do my pups really look like real pitbulls i mean i gave yall the pics of the mom the dad and the pups i will keep yall updated with some more pics of the pups when they get a little older

1 - 20 of 90 Posts