Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a red nose pit. She just drop her liter of puppies 5days ago. I breed her with an all white full bloody colby.I been doing some research on both parents to see how will they look when they get bigger. Well to say my pups 5days old they are real big my stepdad have an all black lab we have them separated from the pit but some how the lab kept getting over the fence so im thinking the lab must have something 2 do with it i dont know i mean the pups look like 100% pits i mean i have pictures of them if u will like 2 see the pups maybe u can tell from the pics

this the pic of the mom when she was around 6months old

now heres a couple of pics of the pups

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
The mom is beautiful, and the babies are adorable and have pit markings. There can be more than one dad in a litter, though.

I will say this nicely before others get on here and flame you - please, please, PLEASE get your girl spayed and don't have any more litters. She may be a wonderful dog, and I'm sure you love her dearly, but when it comes to a breed which has caught such a bad rap for temperament issues, and which frequently has health issues such as allergies and hip dysplasia, it's best to leave the breeding to responsible breeders who have done years and years of research into the breed and the lines, and who have done temperament and health testing on adults before breeding them. Please. I BEG of you!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I second Augard's post.

There are SO many things besides "looks" that you should be worrying about when you breed. Seriously, the color and markings should be the LAST thing you should be concerned with. Temperament and health should be first and formost. Did you bother researching those aspects of the parents lineage?

I sincerely hope you don't continue breeding your girl. Enjoy her as the pet she is, no need to breed her. Leave breeding to the people who have goals in their breeding programs other than color and markings.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i mean when my dog was in heat i was doing some research to have a great dog to breed with her but when i saw the lab always on the other side of the fence i decided to breed it with my freinds pitbull so im learining something new about pitbulls each day i mean you learn from your mistakes so thanks for the time and i will keep that in mind but i mean basically im just concern on the pups not to be pit mix thats all

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well most likely they are mixed if the lab kept on getting over to the other side. Face it you will never know for sure. They are cute but PLEASE fix the female.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i mean thats a opinion not a fact because sometimes females dont like to be bother while in heat and my dog was 1 of them heres a pic of the male who breed with my female

and heres my dog and want u take a look at those pups once again maybe the lab didt hit my dog im just curious thats all

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Dogs - pit bulls - are dying in shelters every minute because people like yourself have decided their females need to have puppies.
Do you even have homes for these puppies?

http://www.brightlion.com/InHope/InHope_en.aspx

Please watch this video and tell me if you still think breeding your female is something you need to do. "For every animal that dies in a shelter, there is someone, somewhere, responsible for it's death"

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i saw the video and that was wrong for what had happen to the dogs. but i mean im not like all people, im just a young person trying to know more about these animals. i mean if i didt care i will not be on here wasteing my time asking you guys about these breeds. if i didt care about these animals i will used them to fight. so i mean that video will help for people that experience that before. im on here to learn more about pitbulls. thats all

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
pitbullking said:
i saw the video and that was wrong for what had happen to the dogs. but i mean im not like all people, im just a young person trying to know more about these animals. i mean if i didt care i will not be on here wasteing my time asking you guys about these breeds. if i didt care about these animals i will used them to fight. so i mean that video will help for people that experience that before. im on here to learn more about pitbulls. thats all
What exactly do you think will happen to all the pups??? I'm sorry, but it's people like yourself that puts Pitbulls in the sorry state they are today. "Oh, that's not me, that's other people." :bs:

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
Hey there looks to me that you put the cart infront of the horse ...do your self and your community a favour Fix your bewitch ................ read some books do some resurch talk to local breeders in your areaWITH A GOOD REP!!!!! ...VOLUNTER AT YOUR LOCAL SHELTER spend time getting to know the breed better like 5-10 years then if your still heart set on getting into the breeding program witch ever breed you choose hopfully youll take the time and find two proven and worthy dogs for the program and have a better understanding and respect for these animals and will help better the breed insted of doing it for your own self gretification and greed ......... then youll know what it is to truly love and RESPECT AN animal !!.... JUST MY 2 CENTS CHEERS ! ! 8)

·
Registered
655 Posts
pitbullking said:
im just a young person trying to know more about these animals.
Um, maybe you should have come on here to learn more about these animals BEFORE your girl had a litter. :roll: Then you wouldn't have to be on here 5 days after the fact trying to learn wtf you're supposed to do with them.

If you had done any research at all, you wouldn't have let your dog get pregnant.

Just wondering, are you the same pitbulking on another forum who was too low on cash a couple weeks ago to treat your dog for fleas?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Um, maybe you should have come on here to learn more about these animals BEFORE your girl had a litter. Then you wouldn't have to be on here 5 days after the fact trying to learn wtf you're supposed to do with them.

If you had done any research at all, you wouldn't have let your dog get pregnant.

Just wondering, are you the same pitbulking on another forum who was too low on cash a couple weeks ago to treat your dog for fleas?
](*,)

And the same people who get mad at shelters for putting dogs to sleep????

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i do have places for these pups to go. but at the same time yall talking to me like im the bad guy here. i make sure that my dog have everything that they need. and im doing research on pitbulls. this something im looking forward on doing and i do anything in my power to make sure im getting the right knowledge. and i have been talking to people that have 10 to more years about these animals and they teaching me the ropes about them not putting me down

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good for you for researching pits now. The best thing to do would've been to extensively research and work with dogs BEFORE you bred them, but it's too late for that now, so I'll drop that issue.

How experienced with pits are you? Was this purely an accidental breeding, or intentional?

If I were in your situation, I'd start talking to some of the more experienced members here, professional pit trainers in your area, and anyone else I could get my hands on. Learn about the potential defects dogs can have when they are not selectively bred. Learn what warning signs you need to watch for in regards to aggressiveness/unstableness. And be prepared to commit to a lifetime of training.

Make sure they are sold/given away with a spay/neuter contract and are going to responsible, pit-educated homes. Spay/neuter both parent dogs to prevent this from happening again.

WELCOME and feel free to ask questions about your new pups!! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
a message to asdf

well i mean i have an uncle that knows alots about pitbulls but he stays like 3hours away and school just starting for me so i dont have the time right now but um the only reason why im on here is to ask people like yall that probably have a little more experience then me to see if my dog was mix with the lab i mean i provided pics of the dad the mom and some pics of the pups but im never getting an answer but i mean im still doing more research on these dogs and i promise myself next time this want happen again thats all i wanted to know but thanks for the help

·
Registered
258 Posts
Re: a message to asdf

pitbullking said:
well i mean i have an uncle that knows alots about pitbulls but he stays like 3hours away and school just starting for me so i dont have the time right now but um the only reason why im on here is to ask people like yall that probably have a little more experience then me to see if my dog was mix with the lab i mean i provided pics of the dad the mom and some pics of the pups but im never getting an answer but i mean im still doing more research on these dogs and i promise myself next time this want happen again thats all i wanted to know but thanks for the help
Why do you want to know what they are mixed with? You will never know for sure. Plus, if you are doing the right thing by giving them away with spay/neuter contracts, you have no need to know if they are purebred or not.

When you say "I promise myself next time this won't happen again", does that mean this breeding was purely accidental and you are going to spay/neuter the parent dogs in order to prevent this from happening again? Quite honestly, unless that is what you are doing, I'm not sure you'll find much support on this site. People are not interested in helping backyard breeders, especially if they will be continuing to breed.

Tell us about your plans for these pups and their parents.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i have homes for them but before i gave them away to a home i wanted to let them know if they were full are mixed so i will keepp yall updated with the pics

·
Registered
132 Posts
pitbullking said:
well i have homes for them but before i gave them away to a home i wanted to let them know if they were full are mixed so i will keepp yall updated with the pics
It doesn't matter if they're mixed or not. They should go to homes as pets. Do make sure they're spayed and neutured before giving them away as a responsible owner should.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Re: a message to asdf

pitbullking said:
How old are you?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts