Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an important question. would it be ok to raise a pit bull puppy in a house hold with 2 chihuahua's i have been told it is all in the way you raise a pit bull if it is aggresive toward other animals, i have also been told if the pup is raised around other dogs it will be fine. My concern is when the pup (pit bull) gets older it will take one of my little dogs heads off how can i be a good owner and a loving parent to all my animals? i have a friend who has 5 cats a momma cat with kittens a mastif and a pit and they all do fine together so tell me what is it i need to do to make sure all my animals are safe and dont harm each other or better yet the big one hurt the little ones or is there anything special needs to be done? or is just raising them together enough.

thanks hope to hear back soon

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
sweet smile said:
i have been told it is all in the way you raise a pit bull if it is aggresive toward other animals, i have also been told if the pup is raised around other dogs it will be fine.
This is definitely not true 100% of the time. Some pit bulls never develop dog aggression at all, some develop moderate dog aggression but are fine around dogs that they live wtih, and some develop dog aggression toward all dogs no matter how thoroughly they are socialized with other animals. Nevernevernevernever leave your pit bull alone unsupervised with your other dogs, and never trust your pit bull not to fight...those are the most important "rules" in pit bull ownership. If a peaceful household is what you're striving for, I'd highly recommend not feeding your dogs at the same time and not letting them share toys or rawhides or anything like that. High-value items such as favorite toys and bones are often triggers for all-on fights. I hope that helps a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.