Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 2yrs since I had to let go of my boy Buzz. This boy brought me back from the depths of depression and made me happy again. I remember when I first saw him...I just got released from Halifax after a 2 week stay and I saw the neighbors kid walking around with a puppy.

He treated him like crap, holding him by his legs and I knew I had to do something. I traded my skateboard for him and decided to call him Buzz since he had so much energy and was constantly running around and just getting into everything.

Buzz only stayed with me for a year and I wish I could've done things different and gave him a better life. I learned alot from this dog, and he was really the force behind me actually owning a pitbull.

If he would've came into my life now, maybe things would've been different and I could've gave him a better life.

I still miss you!

Feb 2004 - Feb 2005

·
Registered
412 Posts
You should feel good about trading that skateboard, even though it may have been for a short time. You gave that dog a good home, and a good life for the time he had! That is a wonderful gift.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Your own generous action of love started you back and Buzz just encouraged
you to keep going. Congrats to you and congrats and the best to Buzz.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. I really wish I had gotten more photos of him when he was with me, but when I had him I was so busy with personal problems that I just never had a chance to get many.

I have a pic of him on my cell from when he was full grown, he got to be fairly big about 70lbs or so and he was so muscular. I look at that picture all the time and ask myself where did I go wrong?

Heres one more pic...please excuse me having my hand on my groin. We were working on sit/stay and sometimes he'd jump and hit me there. I'm going to try and get that pic of him from my cellphone soon, I just gotta find out what's wrong with the program I use to do it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Isn't it amazing what an animal can do, as far as raising our spirits when we are depressed. I really don't know what I would do without my best friends (my Josie & my 4cats). When I recently lost my mother and I truely beleave they knew I needed extra love and support, because they were always there for me and still are. I agree with what Zippidity said! The two of you were "Good Medicine" for each other. Stay strong and smile when you think of Buzz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts