Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told from day one-play, play, play with the puppies. Socialize them, play games while holding them, etc.(From day one, meaning since I started seeking advice, not from the day they were bron!)

So, a few of them, particularly two of the puppies, will growl and bite after a few minutes too long. I will kiss them, and pet them, and talk to them, and they love it. They get tired quick, and try to fall asleep. So I get up, and go to put them down, and they GROWL! Also, if I tickle this one, he will growl. Itake my fingers and slowly tickle GENTLY down his sides, because of the way he will scrunch his back up when I do it, he actually let out a war cry last night, turned his head like a big dog and clamped down his gums on my thumb!!! His eyes arent even open!

I am pretty sure it is instinct, but they dont like to be messed w/ if they are tired!

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Once they start opening there eyes, they'll be curious and open to new things. But as shut-eye puppies, all they want is to cuddle up with there mom and sleep and drink! The puppy could possibly think you are a danger because they can not see you. As your petting, try talking softly and soothingly to them so they know your no danger to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.