Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep going back and forth on whether or not I think Bella is too thin. She hasn't gained any weight since she was about 12 months old. (She'll be 17 months old on Wednesday.) I can feel her ribs without putting any pressure on her middle, and I can see a lot of her spine when she's curled up in a ball. I can see some of vertebrae when she's sitting or stretching, but not when she is standing normally. I don't know if she's just lean or if she's too skinny. I just want her to be as healthy as possible. What do you think? Feed her more, or keep doing what I'm doing with her? She weighs 63lbs., and she gets 3 - 3.25 cups of Timberwolf Organics plus some treats every day.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I think she looks great..
:D

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I just get grossed out when I can see her spine when she moves a certain way, and then I worry that's starving or something. Remy is definitely a lot more "mushy" than Bella is, so I don't have to see that on him! :)

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I think she looks perfect! :D

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
The two deadliest parts of the pit bull...

The top of their head, able to remove teeth with a single leap.
The whiplash tail, make them happy and you'll get what's coming for ya.

:laughing8:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I think she looks fine. She seems like she is taller than Chapps....I haven't measured his height but he's 65lbs and the vet said he's the perfect weight.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
SHe looks beautiful to me, not too skinny by that pic.
I think as long as she has nice muscle definition she's fine. Maybe all her
food is being converted straight to muscle instead of fat.
Wish I could!!!!!! :lol:
Seriously, from everything i read...it's better to have a skinny dog
than a rounder one.

Boy, Bella and Chapps REALLY are two peas in a pod!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
She looks good. In fact, you WANT to be able to see some ribs (especially when the dog is in motion) & it's not a huge deal if a couple vertebrae are visible or the hip points for that matter IF the dog has good/great muscle tone. It's when the dog has no muscle tone & looks sunken in is there a problem.

In the top picture, my dog Rex was close to being in prime condition...in the bottom picture he was even closer:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I think she looks great! My Pit Legend is about 85lbs.(he's tall)and he looks skinny when I compare him to other Pits. Im also an overprotective always worried dog mommy! lol.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Chapps is gorgeous!
:eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts