Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've not been on the forum for a while but I think I need some help.

My staffie (Vinni) is now 11 months old and he seems to have taken a liking to our spare bedroom. Quite often when I can't find him I find him in there lying or playing on the bed. However he has now peed a couple of times on the bed (and not just a little bit either). He is normally really good at asking to go outside if he needs to and he is fully house trained. There have been a couple of mishaps elsewhere in the house but I have put these down to attention seeking as he has done this when we are in the room however we have never been in the spare bedroom when he has peed on the bed. Does anyone have any ideas as to why he might be doing this? Thanks all.

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Sounds like he's marking the area, claiming it as his own. He's found a new place to hang out and wants to make sure everyone knows itr's "his". I think keeping the door shut so he stays out of there will take care of the problem.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
LOL, my dogs did the same exact thing. (Not opening the door, but peeing on a bed.. a $1000 mattress, to be exact.) I had no choice but to throw it out, buy a new one, and keep that door closed! I also put a waterproof pad on the new one JUST IN CASE! Good luck, maybe you can just put a new lock on the door or something.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like this is his new spot and hes letting eveyone know its his. It would be best just to keep the little guy out of there. Males can be a pain with the marking thing!

·
Registered
932 Posts
kogeki said:
Yeah, it sounds like this is his new spot and hes letting eveyone know its his. It would be best just to keep the little guy out of there. Males can be a pain with the marking thing!
i'm surprised you haven't suggested the dog is getting too much freedom?????? :wink:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Patch said:
kogeki said:
i'm surprised you haven't suggested the dog is getting too much freedom?????? :wink:
I save that one especially for you :love5:

·
Registered
932 Posts
kogeki said:
Patch said:
kogeki said:
I save that one especially for you :love5:
i feel so loved...... :bootyshake:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I work at home all day and most of the day he's really good and sleeps in his bed, then I'll suddenly realise he's dissapeared and he's usually jumping around on a bed somewhere (having opened the doors I closed before). Can't blame him really, must be boring sitting watching me work all day.

He has recently been to the vet with a water infection, wonder if that has anything to do with it too??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.