Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Staffy is only 11 weeks old.
We bought him the premium dry food from the pet store when we bought him... and at AUS$35 for 2.5kg, it's a little expensive.
I still give him the dry food, topped with some Pedigree puppy food. The tinned food from the pet store is AUS$5 a tin for a small tin...
I have been hearing that supermarket food is really bad for dogs, but the ingredients don't really have anything bad in it... Chicken, Lamb, Turkey, Rice, Gelatine and that's about it.
Am I a bad mother for giving him this stuff?
Should i stick to the expensive premium stuff??? or make my own?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. My husband seems to think there's nothing wrong with the Pedigree stuff as Patch is lapping it up much faster than the High quality stuff. But i am going to have to switch... i'm going to start making him food, and mixing that with premium stuff.
Do you suggest I buy chicken mince and cook it with rice and vegies etc?
I calculated that if i were to buy high quality stuff, it would cost me about AUS$80 a month, as opposed to about $20 a month for supermarket stuff...
but i have to put his health first!...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys
i think ive made the decision to feed him the good dry stuff, and occasionally some home cooked soft stuff like mince and rice and vegies, etc.
i'm not interested in taking him to the vets in the future for illnesses which could've been prevented if given a good diet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.