Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may sound strange...but is it ok for a dog to eat paintchips.

I for one have never ate paintchips...but I know people are not spose to...makes you messed up I guess.

Clutch has been eating at this spot on the wall...we sprayed it with this dog stop stuff so he has not done it today...but I noticed yesterday he was chipping the paint off and eating it...Is he OK...did he get messed up like people do?

I don't know but it kinda scared me!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
They don't add lead to paint anymore, so unless the paint is really, really old, you don't have to worry about that. I can't imagine that it TASTES good or that it's good for them to eat, but it's probably harmless in small amounts.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
New house paint is latex, so it shouldn't be digestible. I'd guess it will just pass right through him. If it's old (like more than 30 years) I'd definitely make sure he stays away from it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...he is a wierd boy. My friend shoved a chair into the wall so it started as a pushed in spot. I guess it got Clutch's attention and he would just start grading his teeth on it and chew on the paint chips that came off!?!?!?!!? But I don't believe the paint is that old...but it is prolly pretty close! I doubt it has been painted much...everything else is origional. We actually cought him doing it again so we just rearanged some stuff to block it...what a dummy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.