Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st let me say I HAVE not used this method..........A friend of mine told me that when you are training your puppy if he/she is not behaving to nudge (NOT hit, I don't hit Tora I just don't want this to turn into a firing squad and I wnat to be very clear about what I mean) ./......Anyways, nudge your pup under the chin bc that is what Momma would do to correct her pups..Is this true I have nevver read it or heard it again I am curious and I know some of you are old pros..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well any physical contact to the dog will snap the dog out of any mind set that it is in. Ceasar Millian uses this technique on his show "the dog whisperer". It seems to be very effective in correcting bad habits as long as it is down every time a correction is needed.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Yeah, I think Cesar Millan "nudges" the dog on the throat, like momma would do to correct it. I've never tried it, but am going to see how it works.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
"Mother Knows Best" by Carol Lea Benjamin is a book that described training as momma would do. Very good read, advocates correcting your pup same as mom would have.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
This is true and it can be effective, but you have to be very careful of WHEN you correct the dog. It has to be during the problem behavior, otherwise, the correction will confuse the dog and could lead to more problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts