Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adopted my doggie from petco about a month ago and they told me she was blue heeler and pointer mix. Everyone I meet thinks she's an American pit bull and the other puppies that were there looked like American pits too. I am just very inept when it come to this topic. Please help me :eek:P

Thanx!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Doesn't look too much like a Blue Heeler to me. My friend has a Red Heeler.
He could be a Pit/Lab mix. Impossible to tell. He is cute though! Congrats. :D

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
Of course, they are just guessing as we are, but one guess I would make is a
mix of Pointer and Border Collie or perhaps those two plus pit. She is an "All American Pup".
:D

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I agree with pointer especially because of the spotting on her fur. Whatever she is, she is adorable! Congrats on your new dog.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi!
Someone who has the same prob as me!
I was told by the rescue that she is stafford cross but everyone..well jsut about everyone says she is a pit!
I dont think she is and to be honest urs dont look like a pit...but wot does a pit look these days hey???
She/he is a cutie wot ever and enjoy him/her!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx guys! I didn't think she looked very much like a pit but everywhere I go ppl are like "oh that's a pit bull"... and I'm like she's a cute mutt :eek:) I get comments like "aren't you worried that dog is going to eat a child"...ppl just get ignorant on me based on silly assumptions. Thanks so much! You all have such good looking pets :eek:)

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
AnnaUCF said:
Thanx guys! I didn't think she looked very much like a pit but everywhere I go ppl are like "oh that's a pit bull"... and I'm like she's a cute mutt :eek:) I get comments like "aren't you worried that dog is going to eat a child"...ppl just get ignorant on me based on silly assumptions. Thanks so much! You all have such good looking pets :eek:)

Your answer is: "nah, too little - she rather have an adult"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Silly answer for a silly question!!!
:D

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
That is what's wrong with breed discrimination...they will ban dogs who "LOOK" like pits, even if they aren't.
Even the shelters will mis-label the mutts as pits.
I think people have gotten too paranoid about pits and don't even use common sense about what kind of dog it really is.
They see a mutt and think "uh-oh, it that a pit?" instead of thinking "oh what a cute dog you have".
Just my two cents.
My reaction (and i'm no expert either) is that is just a really sweet looking DOG.
Enjoy your new adopted pup, the main thing is that he has a great home now!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Who cares? I dont think the owner was asking like it matters.. Maybe the owner just wants to know what others think.. I think it is probabbly mostly pit, but have some lab bred in because of its long legs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.