Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Otto is almost 4 months, and only 17 lbs and an English bulldog. We adopted him from a shelter last week. He has gained 2 lbs since we got him but I think he is still too small. We feed him twice a day, around 3 ½ cups a day (I don’t measure, I eyeball so 3 ½ could be way off). Maybe he was the runt of his litter? From these boards, some peeps have same age dogs and they are twice the size of him. Our OEB was 20 lbs at 10 weeks and is now almost 2 years old is 70 lbs. does he seem a little small for an English bulldog?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Picture works if you click on it!

But judging from his picture.... he looks proportioned. With his age and weight he does seem small, but as long as he isnt skinny skinny, then I think you are okay

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
He could be the runt...I don't know alot about English Bulldogs and the weight ranges they have as pups. But some dogs tend to go through little phases, they seem to be small for awhile and then they suprise you by shooting up and you don't think they'll ever stop growing.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
He looks normal to me...Tomorrow you will look at him ad he will be twice this size

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 1.5-year old female EB and she currently weighs in at a rather small 35 pounds. Her dam was around 65 pounds, but her sire was only about 35-40, so I guess she takes after him. Still, she packs a lot of silly bulldog attitude into he tiny frame. Sorry, I can't remember what she weighed as a puppy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
what a cute dog. my OEB is 1.5 years old and he only weighs 40lbs. you can't even see his ribs. but i know, for a fact, that he is the runt cause i chose a runt. i don't have enough room in my apt. to have a full sized OEB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ava is 20 months old and weight 40 pounds. She was small by my standards for a while, and my husband would still like for her to be bigger. I think she's a great size now. She actually started gaining weight better when we found that she was allergic to lots of things...including the rice in lamb and rice puppy food. We tried several things for a few months. She is also allergic to soy...contained in may=ny foods. Finally settled on the raw food diet, found a place to purchase online, and now she's doing much better. Allergy symptoms also much improved...in spite of enviromental things that can't be avoided!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts