Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We have recently moved abroad with our bulldog and whilst he is a much happier lad now than he ever was in England, with plenty of time spent roaming around the garden, he hasn't put on any weight in the past four months.

He is just under fifteen months old and weighs about four and a half stone. According to all of the literature I have read, this would be a perfect weight. However, he is very tall for a bulldog, measuring 24 inches to the top of his head when he is stood upright and hasn't filled into his height as we expected.

At present, he looks llike a bulldog that has been stretched upward somewhat (although he's completely perfect!) He doesn't have that adorable 'squat' posture that is characteristic of the breed; wide spread, short legs, large chest etc.

Is this something that comes when they reach seniority?

I was wondering whether he will fill out, whether we should be feeding him more, keeping him indoors more (thus less exercise) or whether he is just a tall chap and we shouldn't be worrying?

So many questions!!

If anyone could help this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Holly :D

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Pictures would help. :)

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Re: stone

bigut64 said:
how do you convert stones to pounds?
One stone=14 lbs

So approx. 63 lbs.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
That is around the perfect weight of an EB. In fact my Bear is about 63 lbs. and he's 1 year old. But he's about 18" tall. I have recently noticed his check drop a litte. I'll attached a picture for your reference. Hope it helps. Can you post one of yours? It might help people judge. He does sound a bit tall for an EB.

·
Registered
35 Posts
average bulldog weight for a male is about 55 lbs... My Bullitt has weighed as much as 67 lbs (after a surgery where all he'd do was eat)....but He is now a trim 60 lbs...

Actually, bulldogs looks more like the typical wedge shape (broad shoulders, narrow butt) when they are trim and a healthy weight. Overweight makes them looks dumpy... too skinny, well, I've never seen a skinny bulldog except immiediatly after theyve given birth. Bulldogs love their food

This thread is worthless without pics :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
ygohome you should see my eb Nox... he's on the skinny side. well I like to call it lean, and thats what the vet calls him... he's far from obsese and fat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
thank you! its a very different red brindle... then again so is Jagers. they both have distinctive color and markings... its one of the first things to catch our eye. He's my bo-boy, our little fatty... he's small, and lively... like a pack of dynomite! :bom:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nox is rad... He's a jumper too I see :)

funny how they love those platic bottles. My Bullz love the plastic water bottles... something about the crunchy noise of the plastic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts