Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is raw diets good for your dog?
they reakon it is the yeast in your dog that doesnt help with the mange so i need some advice on diets
what meat is the best and the cheapest to use please get back to me thx :shock:

·
Registered
886 Posts
i did some research, the raw diet just consists of all the ingredients in good dog foods, i dont see the point in going out and buying all the ingredients seperately. Buy good dog food and throw some raw veggies in the food or for a snack, same thing.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
bigut64 said:
i did some research, the raw diet just consists of all the ingredients in good dog foods, i dont see the point in going out and buying all the ingredients seperately. Buy good dog food and throw some raw veggies in the food or for a snack, same thing.

NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!!! Just think of the process that food has to go through to be kibble, that alone kills SO many nutrients.

·
Registered
886 Posts
well my dog is as healthy as can be and he is on kibble so it must be good enough. Plus i dont have that fancy money tree to fund a diet like that for a dog.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
bigut64 said:
well my dog is as healthy as can be and he is on kibble so it must be good enough. Plus i dont have that fancy money tree to fund a diet like that for a dog.
Let's not hijack the thread just because you don't agree with the opinions. Some people are very interested in this form of food. Many dogs on this board are on kibble(mine included) but I would say alot of us are looking for the next great thing. If you have your mind made up and nothing will change it maybe just ignore the post next time.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
They are not nearly the same thing. You cant compare ingredients that are in kibble with raw. Just because it has "meat" means nothing. Dogs gain no nutritional value from things like wheat not to mention corn. I fed high grade kibble up until a little over a week ago. I can already see the difference in my dog. There is nothing wrong with feeding a good kibble, but raw is far superior IMO. Just one example is her stool. It is about 25% of the size it was before and very firm. Should tell you alot.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Family of 5 said:
bigut64 said:
Let's not hijack the thread just because you don't agree with the opinions. Some people are very interested in this form of food. Many dogs on this board are on kibble(mine included) but I would say alot of us are looking for the next great thing. If you have your mine made up and nothing will change it maybe just ignore the post next time.
Take the same advice

Also what does IMO mean, and Stool?

But i am just whondering, if you have a healthy dog on kibble, by the way when i say good kibble i mean kibble without the high levels of wheat and having no corn ingredients, is it worth the huge increase in money to put the dog on raw diet? You tell me, give me some research done by scientists.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
IMO = In My Opinion

Stool = sh*t, crap, feces. I was trying to be "polite" I guess.

You said something that others do not agree with including myself. Expect them to give their opinions back. No need to get testy. No one said feeding a good kibble is bad and that you are a bad owner for doing so. We just said raw is better.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
kogeki said:
IMO = In My Opinion

Stool = sh*t, crap, feces. I was trying to be "polite" I guess.

You said something that others do not agree with including myself. Expect them to give their opinions back. No need to get testy. No one said feeding a good kibble is bad and that you are a bad owner for doing so. We just said raw is better.
and I don't even think it was a matter of which is "better" I think the original point was it isn't the same as adding some veggies to the dogs kibble. Raw is expensive but it's probably the best too

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
bigut64 said:
is it worth the huge increase in money to put the dog on raw diet? You tell me, give me some research done by scientists.
Yes it is worth it. Also it is cheaper than hight quality kibble if you do it yourself. And I'll get you some info when I don't have to rush off to work.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Sometimes discussions on threads deviate from the original question. This is all related to "Is Raw Good?" though. The following statement was made and we responded to it.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
kogeki - how much do you feed Loki? I would love to switch to this diet, but I just can't see how it would be practical for me in my situation. BUT $1 per pound is less than good quality kibble, really.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there,

I fed my two pups mainly raw diet but sometimes still feed a little kibble (when on the road with son's motox), IMO it is really good for them they are happy & heathly, smaller stools, no doggy smell, no trouble get them to eat at meal times like I did have when they were just on kibble.

At 1st I thought it looked hard & expensive but I have been proven wrong, I did buy another frezzer so that i could buy some meat in bulk which makes it cheaper again, the types of things they get over a two week period are, chic frames,backs,wings, lamb flaps, chic,beef,lamb mince, vege mix that i mix myself & freeze in smaller amounts, tinned mackell, sardines, cannon bones, heart,kidney, steak, raw green tripe is a big fav but it stinks...lol

I look around as to whats on special & buy in bulk if it is.

Happy feeding :)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Augrad - the say feed an adult 2.5% of his body weight, for a pup about 10%

It is definately worth it. Right now I am still feeding a mix of both, but I think I am going to go all raw. Will Nutro and Diamond both having problems, I feel safer know exactly what I am putting in my dogs mouth. Right now I am feeding Wellness.

I believe Kogeki was feeding DVP or Wellness, Good kibble either way, and he still has noticed a difference, says alot for the food.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any chance that one of you posters who are feeding the raw diet can post a detailed (or as best you can) description of what you feed your dog in a week? I'm not asking you to take 5 hours to detail every little thing, but if you could give me an idea as to quantities of food, types of food, how much, how many times a day, veggies used, etc. then that would be awesome!!! Again, whatever you have the time or the inclination to tell me I would appreciate! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts