Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 8 and a half mnth old girl, Brooklyn, looks like she is pregnant!!!!! :eek: THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING!

She went through her first heat and I was planning to get her spade...I kind of procrastinated

Her nipples a big and the 4 pairs of nipples at the bottom are saggy, like little tits.

She was around a Staffordshire male who has not been neutered and he is used for breeding. He tried to hump her, but never was successful

She was around a 6 mnth old bull terrier he tried humping her, never was successful either, but even if he was...he is too young to get her pregnant....am i right (please say im right! [-o<)

She seems not as playful and hyper as she used to be, she ALWAYS needs to be near me and sitting on me. She seems more tired than she used to be.

Is this normal behavior after a females first heat.....or is it something more, I am terrified! I never wanted my baby to get pregnant! Please say I am in the clear!!! :cry: [-o<

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
It could be false pregnancy...But then again she was around 2 unneutered male dogs while she was in heat so you might want to get her checked out by a vet.

·
Registered
634 Posts
the males dont always need to penatrate her to get her knocked up it not un common of the nipples to stay big as she is a growing girl

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Jenn said:
Go have her spayed, she'll be fine.
I'd agree--ask the vets to spay her, and if there's pups they'll abort. It is better than bringing a whole new litter of puppies onto this earth.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Jenn wrote:
Go have her spayed, she'll be fine.

I'd agree--ask the vets to spay her, and if there's pups they'll abort. It is better than bringing a whole new litter of puppies onto this earth.

agreed!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My girl had the same thing happen to her after her first heat but she wasnt around any unaltered males. Was around neutered males but she obviously didnt become prego from them. She gained a lil bit of weight started to lactate stomach started to feel a lil harder like a prego girl. If your lucky its just a false pregnancy. everybody thought she was pregnant and wanted me to take her to the vet but I knew better.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Go spay her now.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much guys.....your advice/comments are very much appreciated....I already have an appointment to go get her spayed.

But I am terrified to spay Brooklyn after one of the devestating stories i heard here on the forum (I think it was sugarbear's experience)

Is what happened to her (and im so sorry i am bringing it up) something common that happens with the spay/neuder procedure? Is it a risk you have to take when doing this?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
No, it is not common. Just like in humans though, it's just another risk.. I'm sure there are millions of cases where nothing goes wrong, versus the select few where you or a pet, don't wake up from being put under.

Here: http://www.dogchannel.com/puppies/healthcare/articlespay3.aspx

I'm sure there are a million other sites that can offer you percentages or other information. Just do a search on Google, or where ever else, until your comfortable. She'll be fine though, and you won't have to deal with any more heat cycles! :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts