Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in march I ordered 2 collars for the dogs. They took way longer than they were supposed to to be made, and then were sent to the wrong address. I expressed my disappointment to the maker, and she said to make it right, she would design a custom leather collar with me for free. Finally at the end of April we recieved the collars. They were too big on both of them. So, after I figured out that it was MY mistake for measuring wrong, I asked her what my options were. She said she would remake them if I sent her back the old ones free of charge. I asked if I could pay a difference to have them embroidered. She said it wouldnt cost me anything since I had to go through all that trouble in the beginning.

Well, I sent her back the ones that were too big. Haven't heard from her since may 9th. Emailed her SEVERAL times and even tried contacting her through fcebook. Nothing. What the hell am I supposed to do?!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Is she ignoring everyone or just you? Hopefully you can look at her Facebook and get an anwer to this question. Probably need to send her a certified letter at some point to have some conformation that she is receving yoour messages. We have a local saddlle shop make our collars for us. They are not fancy but are extremely strong and durable. Good luck.

·
Registered
957 Posts
emails are fine as proof of trying to contact her.

File a fraudulant charge claim with your credit card company. They will want all the emails you sent in attempt to get in touch with her, and then you write a letter explaining the situation- You bought something, returned it, and never was refunded the money or sent the product. The seller stopped responding etc. It takes about 2 weeks for the credit card company to give you the money back and then they battle it out with the seller.

I would do that and then buy the collars somewhere else.

·
Registered
957 Posts
PS. check your credit card companies web site- they will have the requirements to file the fraudulant charge claim (above was just what my bank required). I also got a new card, so the sellar could not falsely charge it.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
I would give it a bit more time, first off. Second, if/when you find she's not responding to you any longer, simply contact your credit card company, or the bank, and they will fight the battle and refund you your money, and go after her.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
i do know leather collars take longer to make then fabric ones, i ordered 4 leather collars from collarmania and it took a month for her to make 3 of them for me, with 1 still on backorder as the conches she ordered were on back order.. so its possible that your leather collars will take a bit longer.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, Jon called the credit card company. The problem is that the only payment method accepted by her was PayPal. So some went on the credit card through pay pal and some went just on pay pal from a leftover balance. I only had 45 days to dispute the purchase through paypal. So I'm SOL there. Thats why waiting too long can hurt you in the long run. But I have 3 days left to dispute the credit card purchase. So... we will see what happens. I just would have liked my collars.

She has no phone number or address listed on her website. I do have a shipping address for her... but what is that going to accomplish? According to her Facebook page, other customers have not heard from her either.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i do know leather collars take longer to make then fabric ones, i ordered 4 leather collars from collarmania and it took a month for her to make 3 of them for me, with 1 still on backorder as the conches she ordered were on back order.. so its possible that your leather collars will take a bit longer.
They aren't leather. They are nylon. I had her remake my nylon ones for free instead of a free custom leather.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I finally got in contact with her. She claims her email system was down but she had no idea she wasn't receiving messages. I would find it quite odd if I wasn't recieving any customer emails for 2 weeks, but hey, that's just me. My collars will be shipped Wednesday. I told her if I do not have proof they are shipped, I will file a dispute.

I just want this to be over and done with.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Two weeks is certainly a bit long... lol. Glad to hear it's sorted out!

Hudson's came in from Collarmania... its a bit smaller than I expected, and I thought I ordered up a size!

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha just kidding. Its not sorted out. She just figured out TODAY that she can't embroider on the pink webbing that Lucy's collar is made of. Why she just figured this out TODAY I do not know. Shit, for 2 weeks of not answering emails, she could have gotten a crap ton of collars finished. But I guess that's not what she was doing. I am about to SCREAM!!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I agree, just ask for the money. It's not worth all this trouble any more. Can I ask which company this is through? Or is that not allowed on the forum? You can PM me, I'd just like to know so that I don't end up using them and going through the same mess.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The lady called me and we talked about this dilemma. I appreciate her concern for the perfection of these collars. They are of good quality, I can't argue that. But she has a LOT of customers and I told her she needs to hire someone to handle the clerical part of her business.

It seems as if the new webbing she ordered is not able to be embroidered. So instead, she is just sending it with a strip of lavender webbing across it instead of Lucy's name. Which I am fine with. She said she will be sending it tomorrow morning.

Maehem... http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/forum/non-doggy-discussion/64281-looking-ribbon-overlay-collars-collarmania.html

You will find the answer in that thread.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.