Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL! I always see the ones who fight their dogs giving them raw steaks andI just saw my sis neighbor giving his dogs raw steaks and making them pull a damn weight on the leash. Where ever the poor pup went he had to pull the weight with him. He had two of them the older one was 3 and he didnt have to pull it. The smaller one 8 months and he had just gotten it a week ago and was already trying to make it mean :evil: . I just dont understand people! I said hey thats messed upp what you are doing to that dog and thats why they have a bad rep. he said oh well i dont want a punk dog. His wife just had a baby as well . thats a disaster waiting to happen, I said well I rather a PUNK dog then a walking time bomb! IDIOTS even keep them outside and the fence is low but they have the heavy duty CHAINS!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
That's nothing! how about feeding them bullets and gun powder to make them mean? :evil:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Silver said:
Kasco said:
That's nothing! how about feeding them bullets and gun powder to make them mean? :evil:
:shock: Do people do that??????
Unfortunately, yes they do. What grown person could actually believe that feeding your dog something like that will make them mean?? It's just beyond me.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I don't see a problem with the dog doing weight pulling...why do you think this is mean? He's not making the dog into a fighter, he is making him work.

·
Registered
704 Posts
andI just saw my sis neighbor giving his dogs raw steaks and making them pull a darn weight on the leash
Why do you feel this is mean and they are trying to make thier dogs fight? I weightpull with my dogs and know many respectable breeders and owners who do as well. The dogs really enjoy it..in fact while I am pulling with one dog, I generally have a couple more doing back flips because they are so excited for thier turn! Weightpulling does not make a dog "mean". It is a great way to excercise your dog and keep them healthy and condidtioned as well...if you and your dogs enjoy it, there are quite a few associations who sponser sanctioned weightpull competitions.

As far as feeding meant to make a dog mean..absolutely not true! Many people feed RAW or BARF diets with raw meat..I supplement my dogs with raw meat..doesn't make them mean..it makes them healthier. The protein in the meat helps build nice lean muscle mass and thier coats become incredibly shiny.

Now tieing dogs out with chains..while I do not do this and don't like it, I never criticize anyone for doing it. APBT's and other bully breeds are amazingly strong and can break your average cable or rope, chew through chainlink or wood fencing, dig out from fencing, jump over, etc.... I think often times, chaining is a responsible thing to do as you are ensuring your bullies don't break loose and get into trouble. Not everybody has the money to build a concrete slab and build heavy welded wire kennels. With BSL almost everywhere, I think it's important to keep our dogs properly contained.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Carrie said:
andI just saw my sis neighbor giving his dogs raw steaks and making them pull a darn weight on the leash
Why do you feel this is mean and they are trying to make thier dogs fight? I weightpull with my dogs and know many respectable breeders and owners who do as well. The dogs really enjoy it..in fact while I am pulling with one dog, I generally have a couple more doing back flips because they are so excited for thier turn! Weightpulling does not make a dog "mean". It is a great way to excercise your dog and keep them healthy and condidtioned as well...if you and your dogs enjoy it, there are quite a few associations who sponser sanctioned weightpull competitions.
I fully plan to weightpull with my next bully. As long as it is done correctly with the best interest of the dog in mind, I see nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I don't think anyone really has a problem with weight pulling. The big issue is that Shay said her neighbor's reply was that he doesn't want a "punk" dog.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I HAVE HEARD that the gun powder and glass do indeed make them mean ONLY because, it is causing the dog so much pain inside.
My Dix ate firecrackers awhile ago and me hearing of this rumor rush her to the vet. Of course, the amount she ate was harmless, however, the vets said that over the course of a dog fighters dogs' life, they feed them gun pawder and/or crushed glass in their food. Eventually, it starts killing off the stomache, and causes seveer unbearable pain, and the dog "goes crazy" per say with pain. Dog fighter s are supposed to know the dog is losing it, and will be good for one more WIN before they die, therefore they bet mucho bucks and win.

Also the raw meat thing. My husband had a dog who only ate raw meat from the butcher every night from puppy age. Back then, they didn't check for as many animal diseases and such (mad cow) as carefully as they do now, and his dog went nutso one day and attacked everyon in the home. His dad had to shoot him in the living room, mid air as he was jumping to attack my husband who was just a boy at that time. They beleive NOW that it was some sort of either disease or bacteria gorwn on the meat which caused this over a period of time, tainted meat.

I think that is where rumors like this come from, they are not TRUE per say ( Your dog wont kill you if he gets your July 4th stash or grabs a hamburger off the floor you dropped) but weird scientific medical things happen that sometimes do cause mental breakdowns.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Ahhh....interesting. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE! You can feed a dog raw meat everyday forever, and that won't make it mean, or a fighter, nor will it cause anything in their brain to click and suddenly their a man eater, or a vicious killer. It won't build up over time, and cause them to snap or anything else like that. If a dog has issues with it's brain, or issues with aggression it certainly has nothing to do with eating raw meat. Feeding a dog some made up BS isn't going to make it fight either. That is just truly ridiculous.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well maybe the fact that he was slapping the dog while he was pulling it making him snap at him. But hey maybe I only see that as mean! He is trying to make them fight TRUST me I know for a fact my sis sees them all the time . lol. Thats why I as an ADULT thought about the raw meat thing when I saw him doing all of this stuff . I saw that on Tv or some crap and never knew the truth to it so I asked .

·
Registered
704 Posts
Shay..no need to be upset with us. You never said he was slapping the dog, you just said he was making it pull while he walked it. Weightpulling itself is not a mean thing to do..abusing the dog to get it to pull, is. You should have clarified a bit more so we could all understand what was going on.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Shay78 said:
Well maybe the fact that he was slapping the dog while he was pulling it making him snap at him. But hey maybe I only see that as mean! He is trying to make them fight TRUST me I know for a fact my sis sees them all the time . lol. Thats why I as an ADULT thought about the raw meat thing when I saw him doing all of this stuff . I saw that on Tv or some crap and never knew the truth to it so I asked .
Why don't you report them to the humane society or some other authority in your area..If they are not caught at least they know they are being watched?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well next time I will tell everything in detail and I'm not upset lol. They were doing a lot more for me to know they make them fight and I don't ever go into full detail with everything. After working 9 hours per day and then dealing with the kids. rex and cooking and the house I get seletive memory lol. With these kind of people u don't report people. This is my sis neighbors not mine. in a dif town .They are not stupid I was just telling them what they were doing is cruel and then they get the animaal police on them that is ls not smart. My nephews and sis have to live next door to them so I will not say a thing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts