Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Dont know if you can see in the pic. The redness is towards my hand ( not completely between his toes ). Last night I put some hydrogen peroxide on it to clean it out & it suds up like crazy. Tonite, I got some epsom salt & some preperation H & gonna hook that up before bedtime. Let me know what you think. I have an appointment for him on Saturday but I think i'm gonna bump it up, as I want to take care of this as soon as possible. He still has 2 cuts on his nose as well that i'm gonna have the vet look at too...

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
380 Posts
Do you live in an area with cheet grass, they are slivers of grass that will enter thru feet and travel thru body, they come out in the form of a cyst or large pimple.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know what cheet grass is. i live in socal & barely have any grass.

thanx
chap

·
Registered
380 Posts
its found in a field, but if the scratches on the nose happened same time as cyst sounds like pup got into something or something got the pup. is it kept in a kennel by anychance

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i first got him ( a week ago ) i kept him in his house kennel for the first couple of nights to get used to my home. i stopped that as of saturday. i appreciate your help, this one has me baffled.

thanx
chap

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, nothing really to squeeze. just more raw than anything. i've just been cleaning it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
pitmommy said:
Do you live in an area with cheet grass, they are slivers of grass that will enter thru feet and travel thru body, they come out in the form of a cyst or large pimple.
Cheet grass is also known as "fox tails". It's everywhere up here...we have to be careful.

Usually though it will swell up and abcess if they get one in them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I experienced it in Washington State, Its nasty , Ive seen it in dogs ears too. I heard of major surgery, to remove it from the ear canal.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
pitmommy said:
I experienced it in Washington State, Its nasty , Ive seen it in dogs ears too. I heard of major surgery, to remove it from the ear canal.
Supposedly they can work their way in far enough to cause nerve damage and artery blockages and all sorts of nasty things.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I went to the Vet on Saturday. The Vet said it didn't look like a cyst, but more like a cut. He gave me the solution ( for the cyst ) to put on it. He explained everything to me & opened his Vet books to show me what other cyst look like, which made me feel way more at ease, as these pix were nasty. He also gave me some other medicine for his spots on his arm pit & rear leg to aid in the healing. Also, he gave him a shot to aid in the healing as well. I was very comfortable with this Vet, as Apollo was too. He tried to eat the Vet that saw him last week. All this was $134 which I was very happy about, as I was getting a little bit short of cash for this little guy. I signed up for insurance on Friday, so I contacted Petcare to see if I can file a claim for this. Try & save a little money anyway. I'll keep monitoring his progress & let you guys know whats up. I also think the change of diet is helping him as well. He loves the Kirkland food ( as does my wallet ) & the Kirkland bones.

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, i'm in Southern California. Wish I could be of more help...

Thanx
Chap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts