Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley has been in heat a little over a week and her what nots appear to be swollen. Is this normal? I've nevver had a female dog in heat before. She's scheduled to be spayed on the 30th if January.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good Lord we know what you mean. Josie swelled up bigger than my fist. It was the first time for all of us. Vet said it was huge but everything was fine. Poor baby was bleeding for alost 2 weeks. She was not happy at all. Just kind of moped around looking sad. Finally over but it has us thinking about getting her fixed. Her breeder, My Buddy really wants to show her. We do too based on her pedigree but man she was not happy.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yep normal. Scarlet finnished her heat about 4-5 weeks ago...hers was real big too. We actually had some issues with her heat. Never went away...she stopped bleeding but everything stayed swolen. Took her to the vet and found that she was experiencing False Pregnancy (we brought a puppy home 3 weekd befor she went in to it...bad timing) I guess she instinctivly thought he might be her baby. Never mothered him though...just had big poody for over a month and big tits.

It actually just went down about 1 1/2 weeks ago...Thank God!!

She was real depressed and mopey durring her heat as well. I actually think it caused her to calm down quite abit...she went into heat a puppy in attitude and now she is not that fiesty beast anymore...shes a lady now!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Dixie swelled so large she actually looked as if she could pass a bowling ball her first heat. Not so bad her second. I actually took her to the vet to ask if she was ok, and they assured me yes, and told me that dogs are like us, each different.

I also had to assure my confused 12 year old that no, us women didnt swell like that! He seemed alittle scared!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.