Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Is this Normal??

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  -removed- 
#1 ·
ok over protective parent kicking in again..lol

Anyhow came home today and took Mason out, and he did his business but this time he left a large amount of poo and it looks softer then normal according to my fiance, then we just took him for a run down to our mailbox nothing far this winds him down and then he went again within the same 30 minutes and another large amount and also really soft...This is first time ive seen him go poop twice that close together so im curious do you think this is ok..

Its not diarrhea but not sure if his poo should be solid by now...Any help would be good and appreciated..

His vet check up was next Saturday but I could take him tomorrow if need be..

#2 ·
Sounds like he needs to be wormed. Worms come in cycles..if his breeder wormed him before he came to you, figure two weeks from that point, and they need wormed again.....the first worming kills adult worms, but not thier eggs....the second takes care of most of the rest. It's always a good idea to worm pups when you get them as new environments can bring on more worms. I would go to the pet store and pick up a bottle of Nemex-2 or another Pyrantal Pamoate wormer..... dose as directed.

#3 ·
Thanks for that tip.. Im taking him for his 10wk shots and im gonna have my vet run bloodwork for heartwork amd a fecal for worms again.. He should be al god to go after that until next vet visit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.