Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically i blocked off a portion of the room so he has his very own space, and within this space is where i have placed his crate. the thing is, although its fortunate i am able to spend a lot of time at home (and time playing with beet) - but i cant tend to him every second obviously... sometimes i have to place him in his playpen while i spend my time on the other side of barrier.

he will whine at me constantly. he has plenty of toys and water available to him. ill try to give him a toy but he loses interest right when i exit his area. he'll settle down a bit when i call out his name and tell him its alright, but once i stop he goes back to the whining and climbing up on the barrier...

should i just ignore him?? i dont want to spoil the dog, should i toughen him up a bit and let him be

·
Registered
74 Posts
ignore him, if he has already been pooped, peed, fed, watered, and excersised, everytime you pay attention to him when he whines it reinforces that whining results in attention, which leads to the dog whining constantly.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Chris said:
ignore him, if he has already been pooped, peed, fed, watered, and excersised, everytime you pay attention to him when he whines it reinforces that whining results in attention, which leads to the dog whining constantly.
I agree with Chris. Also, you have to consider he's a pup, and they're used to having their siblings around, so they'll whine when left alone, but as long as you ignore it, he'll eventually grow out of it & learn to entertain himself! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.