Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...speutered?
If yes, why?
If no, why?

I'll go first:
Female no.1: Yes
Healthissues mainly, but she would never have been bred anyway.

Female 2: No
She will be bred if she turns out.
I'll get her titled (temperament, conformation and working anyways), if she is not good enough to breed she still won't be spayed unless healthissues arise.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My only female April Spayed = YES
Reasons= She is a pet, I didn't want to deal with the heat cycles, health reasons( pyometra, uterine cancers, breast cancer)

·
Registered
380 Posts
2 females not Spayed
1 male not Altered.

Would only consider spaying females.
MY male needs his testosrone. :D

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Female = spayed
Male = neutered

Reason being I could not live with myself knowing I brought more unwanted puppies into this world. :( Also health reasons, messy heat cycles, temperament issues.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
1 female spayed

Reason: Just the only thing I knew to do with a dog. You get a dog you get them spayed/neutered. Also, her tails a defect so can't breed a defected dog :lol:

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
My only female Abby= spayed

Reason: The shelter has rules, they don't adopt the puppies out unless they are spayed. Abby was spayed before we got her, we had to wait 2 days before picking her up.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Female - yes
Well, she's not with us anymore, but she was used as a mill dog before we got her, and I was not going to subject her to that ever again. That and she had some major health issues.

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 Female - not spayed
1 Male - not neutered

if one of them gets fixed it will be Layla. I'm still considering it. Haven't made up my mind. Possibility of one (and only one) litter in the future.

·
Registered
426 Posts
1 Female spayed (only 9 days ago) = Yes

Reason = We didn't want to bread her anyway, didn't want her to have season's (obvious reasons) plus it reduces the risk of developing major health problems such as breast cancer :)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
female mix breed - yes fixed
male - JR - yes-fixed
male - AB no
haven't decided (not breeding him thou)
All cats fixed

·
Registered
112 Posts
My male AB will be neutered on Tuesday. I'm not into breeding and I don't want Rosie running off to find himself a good time and get a poor girl pregnant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts