Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a conflict with the breeder I had previously planned to buy from, I have decided that this is not the breeder for me. It's sad to give up the pup I was so excited about, but I think I have a better chance of getting a healthy pup from another breeder. At least this situation taught me which questions to ask BEFORE getting so excited about the puppy.

SO, if anyone knows of any reputable OEB breeders with litters, please let me know. My budget is not huge--I'm hoping to find one for around $1000 + shipping. I know the IOEBA has a list of registered kennels, but I'd still prefer to have a kennel reccomended personally.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but its probably for the best. I don't know of any OEB breeders, other then Carrie from this site, I don't know if she has a litter due soon or not, but her site is www.parkinsabs.com

Good Luck :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at this pup...
http://members.boardhost.com/IOEBABreederAds/msg/1149811186.html

The sire (Deuce) is from Iron Block Bulldogges.He is a King (Thunderhollow) son. His dam is Bonnie of My Bulldogges. The pups dam is O.S.B. Classic Chyna.

Has anyone bought a pup from that kennel? (Please feel free to PM me if you'd rather keep comments private)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I would buy that girl in a heartbeat if I had the money!!!! I have an iron block girl, who is grand daughter to king. My girls parents are Ironblocks Lucky of OSB and Ironblocks Bonnie of My bulldogges. I think you will be happy with that choice (and I will be jealous)!!! Here is a couple pics of Cali.

They will share alot of the same dogges in their pedigrees.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
ScottB said:
How old is Cali now? She is coming along very nicely!
She is 9 months old this month. The top pic is the most current on I have of her.

I am ready to see some updated pics of yours! :wink:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
SO, if anyone knows of any reputable OEB breeders with litters, please let me know. My budget is not huge--I'm hoping to find one for around $1000 + shipping. I know the IOEBA has a list of registered kennels, but I'd still prefer to have a kennel reccomended personally.

Terri at mischief has some pups too. Her link is www.mischiefarizonabulldogges.com/ She may have one puppy available. Look at these babies...

·
Registered
60 Posts
maryserratos said:
ScottB said:
How old is Cali now? She is coming along very nicely!
She is 9 months old this month. The top pic is the most current on I have of her.

I am ready to see some updated pics of yours! :wink:
I know - we have got to get some pics posted soon. He is getting huge! I will work on that this week.

·
Registered
74 Posts
what kind of OEB do you like. Due to the newness of the breed there still seems to be alot of grey regarding what they should look like. It sounds like you do your research, however, there are alot of breeders out there selling bulldog muts as OEBs, so make sure you buy from someone who is really trying to better the breed, otherwise you might just have some EB, APBT, AB cross with god knows what else in there.

Heritage has some very bully looking OEB's.

http://www.heritagebulldogges.com/

I have heard good things about dragonslayer:

http://www.dragonslayerkennels.com/

If you want dogs that can be traced back to the orginal leavitt line:

http://www.delmaroebs.com/

If you like the more athletic bulldog, you might think of a Renascence Bulldogge. I love the look of these dog's but from what I understand because the breed is so new the breeders are very selective over who they sell puppies too. Here is a link to some breeders:

http://gargoylebulldogs.com/GARGOY~1/Page_1x.html

http://www.warriorbulldogges.com/home.htm

http://www.guardianbulldogs.com/

Also you could use the OEB puppysite breeder page:

http://puppysites.com/breeder_oldeenglishbulldogges.shtml

Keep us informed I love OEBs

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
OOh, I like the Renascence Bulldogge, I seriously was considering one but couldn't leave my AB. If I ever have more time, and money I will definately have one

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bremner53 said:
OOh, I like the Renascence Bulldogge, I seriously was considering one but couldn't leave my AB. If I ever have more time, and money I will definately have one
Yea me too, I have too much dog for my house as is. One day I would love a RB though, they are some of the finest looking specimens I've seen. The breeders really take pride in their dogs and are continually trying to better the breed as well. They only sell to breeders they approve otherwise they make you sign something stating that you will neuter or spay your dog.

I love the look of this boy

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is one beautiful boy!!

Thanks for the links, Chris. I love the athletic dogs, but I'm also looking for a small female. Around 50-65lbs, preferably. I think the athletic ones would all be pretty big, no? (or maybe they just look big in pictures because of all those muscles...)

·
Registered
74 Posts
asdf.0 said:

Thanks for the links, Chris. I love the athletic dogs, but I'm also looking for a small female. Around 50-65lbs, preferably. I think the athletic ones would all be pretty big, no? (or maybe they just look big in pictures because of all those muscles...)
Best thing to do is to ask the breeder, alot of people take pictures from deceptive angles and up close without anything near the dog to compare it to so you have nothing to judge how big it is. The breeder will tell you how big (on average) their females get.

I thought Buddha would be 65-70lbs tops. Hes almost 90 now :shock:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
asdf.0 said:

The link that I posted above, mischief arizona, are smaller bulldogges.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually, I've been talking to Terri quite a bit--she's been such a big help with all the questions I have! :D I really should've taken one of her pups, but I waited too long and now I'm pretty sure she's only got one male left. I want a female.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
asdf.0 said:
Actually, I've been talking to Terri quite a bit--she's been such a big help with all the questions I have! :D I really should've taken one of her pups, but I waited too long and now I'm pretty sure she's only got one male left. I want a female.
What a bummer :( Only because I am curious/nosey what is your name???

·
Registered
121 Posts
OEB

I've had my OEB for 4years..& did research before buying her...she is technically a "Renascence Bulldogge" from the willingham lines...now...if you want to ever SHOW your dog..that is not allow with the RB club..they believe in working the dogs..& working dog titles but not showing for conformation...they are a very tight bunch of people..I must admit they care about where they are going with the breed..& are against breeding to outside dogs that are not RB's..their dogs tend to be CONSISTANT in looks..

I myself wanted to show my dog..I wanted to travel a bit and meet other bulldog people..& put my dog out there to be judged..& I have done so..over the last 2 years..I didn't want a "once a year bar-a-que" that the rb group likes to do & I no longer affiliate with that group...I wanted to go different directions with my dog..

If you want an RB..Willingham is excellent to work with..(from my personal experience)

An OEB..I like Blue River..Dragon Slayer..bullenbeisserkennels (excellent guys that work their dogs) Sullivan lines..are nice too..everyone with the WBA group is excellent...

With the IOEBA you have Rockroll kennel..riobravo..many others..very nice people in the ioeba..

I might suggest that you have an idea of what you want...there are many different styles with the OEB..ranging in sizes & looks...please explore many different kennels..because each has something different to offer

Also take a moment to look at the club you will be getting your dog from wether it's RB..ioeba..wba..ckc & their standards..& what they stand for..& activites that go with that club..

Good luck..

jaded1

1 - 20 of 23 Posts