Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
5,197 Posts
My initial reply to this post was long winded and over the top. In a nutshell, few things irk me more than the words, "it's all about how they're raised". Stupid humans.

Good read ME. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
16,002 Posts
This is a statement all dog owners should know by heart:

Here’s the reality – dogs are who they are due to many factors: training, breeding, socialization,
management, genetics, and environment. All of these things influence who our dogs are.
A dog’s past is a chapter, but it’s never the whole story....

Thanks for sharing - people do need to know. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
dogs are who they are due to many factors: training, breeding, socialization,
management, genetics, and environment.
I would regard training, socialization, management and environment as being under the realm of rearing and raising. lol.

You raise a dog until it is 2 - 3. Then it is an adult and it is pretty much set temperament wise.

So to me it is still true. It is very important how you raise your dog. You can not change genetics , breeding or temperament but you can provide an environment, training and management where the dog can develop and mature.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Yes it is important how you raise your dog. However it isn't the end all be all. You can raise a dog in the best environment possible but still end up with a wreck of a dog. Management is key but you still have a wreck of a dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts