Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on another board that you can spray your yard down with a 2% ivory soap solution and water to repel fleas. I thought I would just repeat it here because I know many of us on here suffer from those little buggers! It seems much safer than using harsh chemicals.

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
I read on another board that you can spray your yard down with a 2% ivory soap solution and water to repel fleas. I thought I would just repeat it here because I know many of us on here suffer from those little buggers! It seems much safer than using harsh chemicals.

Sorry, what is an "ivory soap solution"?
:oops:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have heard the same thing, it just washes away easily.

Maybe Id try it, maybe not, it is the start of rainy season here and my luck my yard would bubble!!!Lol, or the dogs get it in their eyes......................But I have heard of this before. Make your yard smell better too!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
hhhmmm...guess it wouldn't hurt to try! I'm sure Koda would find a way to eat it though... :?

I also heard that if you take liquid dishwashing soap, any brand, and put it on a tick, that it will back out within 30 seconds... Tried it the other night on Koda & it didn't work...maybe the tick liked the fruity flavor of the soap I had or something??? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
I haven't tried it but I think I might. I don't like spraying chemicals. I wonder if the soap will kill my lawn. My husband would kill me! :lol:

Naw - it won't kill it. That Jerry Baker guy who is always giving out home remedies for lawns, gardens and bugs always uses products mixed with dish soap. I think most of them work. That is why I was asking about the solution, because he usually has three or four things mixed in with the soap and calls it a solution. Like for a mosquitoe repellant for outside. He tells you to mix 1 cup Lemon dish soap, 1 cup lemon ammonia and 1 gal water and then put it into a spray gun and spray your bushes with it to repel the mosquitoes. This will not hurt your plants and will actually encourage them to grow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.